Animated Fraggle McDonald's promo

Foodie

Reaction score
AwesomeAwesomeAwesome! It's sad but the animation in that commercial is better than all 12 or 13 episodes of the cartoon. :smirk:

* thinks * Ya know, I actually own a few of the storyboards for this commercial. ( 3 I think ). They're rather crude but Mom got them from eBay about 300 years ago from the guy who actually drew them. I can't think of his name but he did a lot of McDonald's commercial art.

Gosh, seeing this again is really taking me back. And dang-dummit, it really IS too bad that the cartoon didn't look as nice as this commercial.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gosh, seeing this again is really taking me back. And dang-dummit, it really IS too bad that the cartoon didn't look as nice as this commercial.
Well, 10-20 seconds of animation that will be shown several times will always be better than a full 20 minutes worht of animation. Look at basically any opening to a cartoon series (that uses new animation in the opening, not clips), and they will do fuller animation than the rest of the show.\

But yeah, the Fraggle cartoon would have been a little better with great animation like that.

Foodie

Reaction score
Well, 10-20 seconds of animation that will be shown several times will always be better than a full 20 minutes worht of animation. Look at basically any opening to a cartoon series (that uses new animation in the opening, not clips), and they will do fuller animation than the rest of the show.\

But yeah, the Fraggle cartoon would have been a little better with great animation like that.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Look at " Jem ". The opening sequence to that show was really nice for what it was. Almost made it seem.. respectable. But since this tidbit is fraggle animation, I got a bit more uhhh... zealous over the what-could-have-beens. :smirk:

zns

Reaction score
Excellent commercial. I think this is the only time the animated Fraggles appeared outside of their Saturday morning TV series. :smirk: :excited:

Foodie

Reaction score
Excellent commercial. I think this is the only time the animated Fraggles appeared outside of their Saturday morning TV series. :smirk: :excited:
Actually, there was this special aired in the evening... possibly the Friday before the new shows started the next morning, where some celebrity ( can't recall who ), was being shown the new NBC Saturday morning line-up. I recall a part where he talked with cartoon Gobo, which would've been the first time I'd heard the cartoon version of his voice. I'd love to have a copy of this on DVD some day. :smirk:

VIsraWrats

Reaction score
...or Boober and Wembley in a pickle.

I don't know why but it made me laugh.

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh that is the best thing that i have ever seen love that and also i loved seeing the clip of the faggle rock cartoon man i need to hurry and get the rest of the faggle rock on DVD . hehe . I do remeber those toys they where so much fun i think i have one of them i am going to have to go and look in my box i have a BIG Collection of toys from Mc donalds .

:smile: :excited:

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Actually, there was this special aired in the evening... possibly the Friday before the new shows started the next morning, where some celebrity ( can't recall who ), was being shown the new NBC Saturday morning line-up. I recall a part where he talked with cartoon Gobo, which would've been the first time I'd heard the cartoon version of his voice. I'd love to have a copy of this on DVD some day. :smirk:
And I'd love to find a YouTube clip of that... if it is on YouTube. :smirk: :excited:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I would love to own a dvd of that also along with DVDs of the fraggle cartoon show i hope that they do that some day :smirk: I love the Fraggle animated show and also the Oreganal HBO series i am so glad to have that at least . It has become one of my faverite henson shows .:excited: