Another CA Job Opportunity

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Here is another job opportunity I found in California:

Need experienced puppeteeers for magical children's video. Muppet-type puppets with rod arms. Shooting on stage and around Los Angeles. Puppets talk and sing. There is some pay.

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Here is another job opportunity I found in California:

Need experienced puppeteeers for magical children's video. Muppet-type puppets with rod arms. Shooting on stage and around Los Angeles. Puppets talk and sing. There is some pay.

WOW!

Where do you find these job Ops? I live ni Hollywood, and I scan the local entertainment trade for performers (Back Stage West) but hardly ever see anything!

--Scraps

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
It's a trade secret. If we told you, we'd have to tickle you to death.

Isn't that right Buck? :stick_out_tongue:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
It's a trade secret. If we told you, we'd have to tickle you to death.

Isn't that right Buck? :stick_out_tongue:
Ha ha!

(which reminds me, speaking of tickling, I saw a street performer in a full-body Elmo suit on Hollywood Blvd yesterday, surrounded by kids. Now there's a dream job!)

Great site, Puppet planet! Your puppets have great, expressive eyes - great work!

--Scraps

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
Great site, Puppet planet! Your puppets have great, expressive eyes - great work!

Awww, Thank You! I'm no pro, but I enjoy it and I'm constantly learning. Your being too kind...... isn't he Buck? :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
ScrapsFlippy said:
Where do you find these job Ops? I live ni Hollywood, and I scan the local entertainment trade for performers (Back Stage West) but hardly ever see anything!
I am not that familiar with the West Coast scene, but (if you are not already a member) if you are a puppeteer in LA you should join the LA Puppet Guild, which is affliated with Puppeteers of America. Most of the top professionals in LA are members and you can probable make good contacts at their meetings, which are held regularly. The LA Guild also has a "job board" online at www.lapuppetguild.org/Jobs.htm. I noticed today that their Web site is down (it says that their account has been suspended). I am not sure what is up with that - maybe someone didn't pay a bill?

The old fashioned snail mail contact for the LA Puppet Guild is:

LA Puppet Guild
c/o Sam Hale
15511 Sherman Way, Unit 41
Van Nuys, CA 91406
818-376-1266
sam@mysticgnome.com

You can also fill in an online registration form at puppeteers.org.

I hope this helps! :smile:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Buck Beaver -

Thank you very much!

I did quite a bit of work with puppets in my teens and in college. I've been hearing the "call of the wild" lately. So I'll be joining the guild. I think it's time to get back in the game, so to speak.

- Scraps

fishbone

Reaction score
yeah man, i sent my resume,but i never got a response,alot of these ppl looking for puppeteers , have no idea what they're doing or looking for,most of the time,that's been my exp. so far,& what happened to puppet guild page? :embarrassed: