Another Palisades suggestion...

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Yeah, so first I reccomended that Mega Muppets be continued, but not as remodels of existing muppets, but as a way to produce the man-sized monsters so they would be in scale, and actually make Mega Muppets marketable. Look at the christmas toys (Rudolph and such) where they sold that Abominable Snowman/ Gromble thing. That thing sold TONS of figures!!! Incredible.
Anyway, onto this weeks idea for Palisades... While I do appreciate the "Army Builder" pack-ins, I certainly don't know what to do with 15 Gonzo's, and can't justify paying 8-10 bucks to get another chicken figure (I would LOVE a flock of chickens... But, I WANT the chickens... I have to pirate other lines of toys to get my army-builders and it's hard to get the scale/ quality right. Here's a two-prong thought... release a pack of 4 army builder figs with each series or every other series. 4 rats/ chickens/ penguins/ sheep/ frackles/ whatever without any other accessories except the figs (although I would love to see the Penguins with instruments). This way the other figs who WOULD have been packed with army builders could simply come with other props (I LOOOOOVE the accessories that are currently being released) and I can still have my huge amounts of creatures to compliment my Muppet shelves.

I certainly CAN justify spending up to 12 dollars or so for 4 creatures in a pack (spending that multiple times in fact) over buying 4 Gonzo's for 4 Camillas. When it comes down to it, I still don't have 4 chickens, but 4 Camillas, who is actually kind of distinctive as a chicken as far as I remember... Distinctive enough that Bernice is coming out soon anyway...

So there's my two cents. What do you guys thinK??? Is it more reasonable to pay for a pack of army-critters over having 10 Gonzo's??? Or am I doing unreasonable, stupid suggestions??? Lemme know.

Thanks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Booster packs and character building packs have been discussed, but unfortunately they never got passed the "Disccussion stage." It's a great idea as far as collectors go, but for the genral consumer... a bunch of nodiscript Muppet Chickens aren't really appealing...

Don't get me wrong... I'd love to see Penguins and Chickens,and Lobsters, and Veggies and Generic pigs in the line, but realistically there can't be (Unless they were some sort of exclusive or something, but barely even then) such things.

And as far as the Megas being bigger versions of existing characters, they have to. It actually would cost too much to sculpt a new character from scratch and those Mega even if released would be extreemly expensive.

However, Sweetums will be very close to a Mega....

Fozzie

Reaction score
That would be a good idea. I would really love the rat army biulders. To bad it won't happen.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
And as far as the Megas being bigger versions of existing characters, they have to. It actually would cost too much to sculpt a new character from scratch and those Mega even if released would be extreemly expensive.

However, Sweetums will be very close to a Mega....
Ken said that is no store picks Sweetums up as an exclusive they will release him under the Mega title. So, if they could do that with Sweetums, I think they could do that with others. New sculpts, 25 bucks, and monsters that are in scale with the other figures. Works for me if it works for them. Plus, it would give the monsters more exposure than having them as exclusives like Sweetums.

About the chicken thing, army builders are packins that will be released with a few figures, I think. Just like Purple Tux Gonzo comes with one chicken, Black Tux will come with another. And a Mega Chicken will be released during the summer at a convention. So, you don't need to buy 15 of the same figure to build the army. If a carded Chef were released, he might come with a chicken with a basket ball hoop. So there are many places for future chickens other than Gonzo.

Luke

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Ken said that is no store picks Sweetums up as an exclusive they will release him under the Mega title. So, if they could do that with Sweetums, I think they could do that with others. New sculpts, 25 bucks, and monsters that are in scale with the other figures.
Except the other monsters aren't as high profile as Sweetums and probably wouldn't sell as well, especially not at that price. Mega's are always big name characters, any of the others wouldn't work.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Good to see some logical feedback...

OK, the Mega-Muppet-Monster idea will be officially snafued (although I still don't see how they can't charge a mere 20 bucks, but that's me... It has to be something to do with the limited market for Muppets in the first place... Anyway, on to other things)
So then, what if I don't want Gonzo in 12 different suits? I mean, I DO cause Gonzo is my favorite, but WHAT IF...
Here's another way to look at things... How marketable (to the non-collectors) is MTI Sam Eagle??? I mean, I LOVE Sam and I almost left him on the shelf... If that figure sold (as much as Clifford is supposed to), then rats/ monkeys/ chickens/ ducks/ whatever will sell just as well. Generic pigs??? I could do without personally, but I see continued interest in them from the other fans here.
I just don't see a 4 pack of chickens being any less marketable than Bear Patrol Fozzie. I mean really, to ME, they are all buyable and I will continue to suck up anything with a Palisades tag on it... They rule. I even went back to buying my GIJoes cause you guys are affiliated with that project...
If you can't do it, you can't do it. I understand. Kinda.
How about some internet exclusives that can only be ordered by your Club Members or something??? That might actually get me to join the club... McFarlane did that with a bag-o-demons and that thing sold like it was water in the desert. I don't mean to sound like I'm begging you guys to explore all options, but I sure am. I want these army builders more than anything, but I can't really afford to get them one at a time. AND I want to see my regular Muppets with more fantastic accessories instead of pack-ins.
I know there's no simple answers and I understand that I am probably out of line with this whole line of thinking-thinking I know of better ways for you to do your job- and I apologize. You guys are doing a bang-up job so far and I love you for it. If these figs had come out at any other time in my life, I would only have like, 4 of them. As it is I have nearly every fig you have produced (exclusive and otherwise) and I display my collection proudly.

BOTTOM LINE- Keep up the good work. I love your product so far and I love to see continued improvements. I have never bought product from a company who is so dedicated to their fans-present and future.

Luke

Reaction score
I'm not Ken or Palisades but maybe I can help a bit :-

I just don't see a 4 pack of chickens being any less marketable than Bear Patrol Fozzie.

Each wave is finely balanced to provide something for everyone. Retail consumers may like the themed characters (MTI Sam) the most while hardcore collectors may get more jazzed about obscures but there is always as much cross-appeal in the choices as possible. Putting just a generic army builder pack out at retail would probably be going in a direction less of interest to the general consumers who make up 25% of the people buying into this line.

Regarding 12 Gonzo's etc. It wouldn't be a retail action figure line without the main characters sticking around throughout. If they didn't sell this line at mainstream retail then there wouldn't be enough support for there to even be a line in the first place. Up until now ALL Muppet merchandise was mostly main characters so they are doing well to have expanded things as much as they already have. At the end of the day it's the main characters that sell the most and they have to make money and keep the line popular. Generally all the variations of main characters have been chosen well and been popular themes so IMO it hasn't been overdone.

How about some internet exclusives that can only be ordered by your Club Members or something???

There will be a club only holiday figure very soon which will be a variant. Completely original figures (like really obscures) could happen but only if the club membership increases a lot.

I want these army builders more than anything, but I can't really afford to get them one at a time.

Sal is rumored to come with not one but a few generic army builder type pack-ins. Accessory packs have been talked about before for the club which include pack-ins.

AND I want to see my regular Muppets with more fantastic accessories instead of pack-ins.

Lots of future figures are planned packed full of accessories. There are some with pack-in's too but they try to please everyone. I'm sure there are non-club members who appreciate the pack-in's so there is an advantage of having them in the regular line.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Perhaps there was some confusion...

OK, I think there was some confusion... i wasn't complaining about the multiple VERSIONS of Gonzo... I love that I have Daredevil Gonzo and Crash Helmet Gonzo and Pimp Daddy Gonzo, but I don't want to have to buy TEN Pimp Daddy Gonzo's in order to get chickens. I am not currently a member of the Collectors Club, nor WILL I be until I see some truly unique reasons to join (50 bucks is alot of dough for a fan club membership... Even if it is lifetime... Not that it isn't worth it, I am just pretty broke and need to totally justify that kinda spending.) I love what Palisades is doing with their lines so far, and hope they continue long enough to buy the licensing for another 3 years so that I can have 25 series of figs. Odds are against this, but I can dream.

And Luke, I think you justified my needs in your post by saying that retail customers are only about 25% of the customers out there buying this stuff. The other 3 figs in the line could have one slot for army builders. It still makes sense. This whole line is a gamble, every series they make!!! Why not take that chance??? I know it will never happen and I hold no negative feelings about that, this is just wishful musing on my part. I think if more folks chimed in here and backed me up, our chances of seeing that come about would increase 1000 fold.

Anyway, you guys are doing a bang-up job so far and I can't wait for future selections. So far you have listened to and respected fans desires and I believe you will do whatever you can to keep ans happy for as long as you can. Good luck with all your endeavors...

Josh.

Luke

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
And Luke, I think you justified my needs in your post by saying that retail customers are only about 25% of the customers out there buying this stuff. The other 3 figs in the line could have one slot for army builders.
The point is that it's not only 25%, it's 25% they vitally depend on. You put out an item at retail which is of no interest to general consumers and a) you lose the sales that regular figure would have made amongst those consumers, b) they might end up with the army builder pack peg warming, and c) it isn't that easy with retailers to change the composition of the line. It would have to be in the same size packaging, the same price etc - and these pack-ins don't come cheap so you probably wouldn't get as many as you think. As I said, once the club builds up you might see the army builders released through that but I think mixing them in with the regular figures has been a good idea so far. You said you have every figure - well, you get a free figure with the club membership so if you get your next exclusive as part of that it means the membership won't work out that expensive.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I claim defeat...

I wasn't specifically arguing with you Luke, I just didn't want to give up that dream. I see your point, and in fact, always have. Now I am pretty glum though, now knowing that these figs will never see the light of day!!!
Kidding.
Anyway, it was worth the ride and now knowing that I can get a free exclusive with my membership, that really DOES make it more worth while... I gotta check out my bills and see if I can get some money over to Palisades. Not that I didn't already give em enough dough...
Thanks again for your help Luke. I appreciete the insight.

josh.