antron fleece and water

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so the question is do they mix i have some ideas but dont want to advance untill i know if it will do major damage

renegade

Reaction score
In order to dye antron you use a ton of water it really has no effect to the material .
over on the projectpuppet blog it will give you some great tips on working with antron , Check it out !!!

gfarkwort

Reaction score
I don't think he's talking about dying the fleece......I think he's talking about puppeteering or puting the fleece in water....

renegade

Reaction score
I know .... I'm just saying antron and h2o go hand in hand and should have no real effect on the fabric .. please correct me if i'm wrong

puppetsmith

Reaction score
I wouldn't submerse a completed puppet in water unless you are prepared to build a new one. In most cases, the puppet won't dry out to it's original splendor. :smile:

intozlight

Reaction score
I would be more concerned about your "other" materials, since puppets are rarely made of pure antron. Antron is a synthetic material so water does not have much of an effect other than if you just get parts wet, you might get water spots. But if you are using foam-core board etc., these may be severly damaged by exposure to water.
Hope this helps.