Antron Fleece- Hiding the seams

TopperFraggle

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips everyone. Well, the pictures are pretty blurry, so I think the seams are more noticeable than everyone realizes, but I'm sure they're not a big deal, simply something I was curious to try and fix.

Just so there's no confusion, I didn't build this puppet. It's from armslength productions. It's still one of my favorites, though I would like to jazz up his vest a bit, perhaps a more elaborate version of this very basic vest. If I ever get around to it (or any of the other million puppet projects I talk about here) I'll post pics. Thanks again.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
TheGirlIsABear said:
I also work with a puppet who's fleece pattern across his face is like a racoon, just to get the right fabric coverage I guess, but the hand stitching of the seams is so perfect that you have to look VERY closely to the face around the eyes to see the pattern. Beautiful work... James.
Hmm... would he happen to be a greenish puppet whose name starts with "N"? Tee hee.

:stick_out_tongue:

Reaction score
Antron fleece is also known as "muppet fleece." It's the fabric out of which many muppet characters are made: Kermit, Miss Piqqy, ect. It's just a particular type of fleece that dyes well, had good stretch, and many use for puppet skin. Now you know. And that's half the battle.

Melonpool

Reaction score
And it's NOT the same thing as polar fleece... though polar fleece is a good thing to use while you're learning to make puppets since it's more readliy-available, come in a variety of colors, and is a lot cheaper than Antron.

Steve

mercnrufus

Reaction score
New Antron

Hi, I'm nearing the end of the bolt of antron and would like to know how the new stuff comparse.
Thanks.

gastage

Reaction score
Most of my customers have been pleased with the new fleece. Of course the alternative is no Antron. What I've gotten from most of them is that because the newer fabric is made from a lighterweight thread it makes the fabric softer and consequently needs about 20% more dye to get the depth of color. Other than that I have heard no complaints. :smile: