1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any Big Bird replica puppets?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by SomePuppetDude, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SomePuppetDude New Member

Hey there! I'm new to the forum. I build a lot of puppets, but I mainly build body puppets and costume characters. I was curious as to whether or not anyone on here has ever tried to roll up their sleeves and build a Big Bird replica? If so, how was it? What did you discover about working with the feathers? Did you use hoops? I wanna hear the details!
  2. Slackbot Well-Known Member

If you're lookingfor tips on Big Bird's construction, you might get a copy of Carroll Spinney's memoir, The Wisdom of Big Bird. He goes into some detail on the construction of the Bird.
    Plaid Fraggle and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  3. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

I remembered seeing this a while back. This is at least how this guy pulled off his own version! (Gets me really wanting to build my own now...!)

*there are other videos of this guy's Big Bird, this is just the first.
  4. Buck-Beaver Active Member

Jarrod Boutcher (who posts here on the forum sometimes) has built a Big Bird before. I can't seem to find photos of it with a quick search, but it sometimes shows up in the background of photos and videos in his workshop.
  5. Buck-Beaver Active Member