Any fans of You Can't Do That on Television here?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently rediscovered the classic 80s kids' sketch comedy, You Can't Do That on Television (which used to be on Nickelodeon long, long ago), and I was wondering...are there any fans of it here? Come on, somebody here besides me has to have laughed when someone got slimed after saying "I don't know," or got soaked after saying "water"; or when someone would joke about how bad Barth's hamburgers were; or when a kid would be able to trick himself/herself out of getting shot by the firing squad; or maybe those kooky opposite sketches.

Anyone?

radionate

Reaction score
I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid.

But I snuck it whenever I could.

I often wonder what happened to Moose. And that Alanis girl....:wink:

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
radionate said:
I wasn't allowed to watch it as a kid.

But I snuck it whenever I could.

I often wonder what happened to Moose. And that Alanis girl....:wink:
I used to love that show! But, I did have to sneak it as well whenever my parents weren't around. Don't remember any specific skits, but I get a happy feeling of nostalga remembering people getting "slimed" :crazy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I liked Christine and Allistair.

I DON'T KNOW
*SPLAT!*

Oh, and Barf in the cafeteria was a trip. They went thru 2 guys to play that role, I think.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Oh, and Barf in the cafeteria was a trip. They went thru 2 guys to play that role, I think.
Nope. Barth (who ran a hamburger joint, not a cafeteria) was only played by one person, Les Lye (who played ALL of the adult male roles on the show).

Sourpus

Reaction score
What do you think's in the burgers?

Dyaaa....I heard that!

Barth was always the same, but he had an assistant; a kid with a mop or something. I think that's who changed. I never realised until I got older how much this show parralled "Laugh In."

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I thought the older guy on the show changed at some point. Wow. And I also always thought it was "Barf."

So, is there any website about this show that tells whatever happened to the stars of the show? I think it'd be fun to see a reunion show!!

radionate

Reaction score
As I alluded to before. I think Alanis has done pretty well for herself.

I've not heard about any of the other cast members though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I forgot my other favorite besides Alisdair and Christine, it was Kevin Kubusheski!!

That was a cool site, thanks.

I also didn't realize that Alannys Morriset came from that show!