Any favorite 80's shows and movies anyone?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is a wonderful site for information on many of the greatest 80s movies out there. All of my favorites, including The Monster Squad and Say Anything, are on there.

anytimepally

Reaction score
ok.. I had this big message types out with all my favorite 80s things, but I encounter a stupid illegal operation and my brower shut down.. so I'm not going to rewrite it, but I would like to encourge all you 80s lovers to check out The Stunt Man, one of the greatest and most underrated 80s movies staring Barbara Hershey and an absolutely devilishly brilliant Peter O'Toole in one of his Oscar-nominated performances.. O'Toole supposedly based his character, a director, on David Lean, who directed O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia.. if that's true, I have no idea how Lean ever completed a film :smile:.. but it's a wonderful little movie.. though not for the kids

the plot goes something like this:

Cameron is an ex-soldier on the run from the cops and stumbles onto a movie set and megalomaniacal director Eli Cross compels him to take the job of a stunt man to replace one who earlier drowned in a dangerous stunt. While Cameron needs the cover offerred by the job and begins to fall in love with the star, actress Nina Franklin, he worries that Eli Cross is trying to kill him, and he very well might be :wink: