Any Fraggle DVD news?

Jrobert

Reaction score
Fraggle DVD news?

So what's the deal?

Obviously, we have a great petition going (thanks Warrick), where's it going? Has anything happened? Anyone said anything? Petition been sent to anyone?

Feed our eager curiousity. :smile:

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. All my friends constantly ask me (as though I should know) "So, when are the Fraggle Rock episodes coming out on DVD??"

Any news? Does anyone think that the Henson folks buying back their company might be good or bad news as far as expiditing Fraggles on DVD?

BTW, I have that Dark Crystal CD set on order!!!

dave :excited:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
The Henson Co. people apparently do like the idea of Fraggle DVDs, and them getting their freedom back could mean that it could happen (and since it's not some company like Disney getting a hold of them, this could lead to something nonconventional for "kids' shows," like season sets)

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
One thing is for sure is if does get on DVD (offically) the episodes will be US/Canada versions for US, UK, Austrlia and where ever it shows the US prints.

It would be nice for the UK fans is that the UK episodes should get their DVD in there own right. If not at least show some of the footege of UK verisons and use them as "Deleted / Alterate Scenes".

Later

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Danny,

Yeah, Ive often said that when they release the DVD's that they should add the Doc segments from France, Germany and Britain.

But if not, Then i would only want to see Doc (Gerry Parks) in the set.

Remember, There were also new Travelling Matt segments made for each country on location.
so there would be full German and French clips, That havent been shown in the UK or US.

While we are speaking of Extra's, I would also like the interviews and clips from the Promotional Tour that Jim did with Mokey and Cotterpin Doozer.
They travelled around Canada and made TV Appearances.

There was also Travelling Matt on CITV (UK) and Red, Matt and Sprocket on 'Comic Relief' in the UK.

Then we have 'The Fraggles Find Jobs', And im sure there is some more additional stuff that could be put on like music tracks without Dialogue over them.

see ya

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Warrick

I don’t think the “Comic Relief” segment is useful due to the fact theirs only a few quick glimpse of Fraggles. Maybe it could be used for an all new documentary :smile:.

Here are a few ideas that would be great for the special features:-

Audio Commentary with Gobo, Wembley, Boober, Red, Mokey and Travelling Matt Fraggles
Jim Henson Interview
“Down at Fraggle Rock..... Behind the Scenes” - Making of Feature
“??????” - All new documentary with cast and crew members with footage of FR episodes and unseen footage (if there is such a thing)

Anymore ideas

Later

DaViD Boulet

Reaction score
It would be nice for the UK fans is that the UK episodes should get their DVD in there own right. If not at least show some of the footege of UK verisons and use them as "Deleted / Alterate Scenes".
Since most of the Fraggle parts are the same...and it's mostly Doc and traveling Matt that are customized...wonder if seamless branching or mutiple-angles couldn't be used to provide both versions on the same disc? Just how many unique versions were there?

Of course, Since Europe needs PAL format R2 DVDs I guess they need to master a unique disc for that market anyway. It's just that as an american I'd love to be able to watch both versions on my TV as well!

dave :smile:

WiGgY

Reaction score
What exactly are these alternate scenes with Doc and Matt? Are you saying Doc was out on location with Mat doing some sort of special scene? if so, please explain because I've never heard of this. Sounds like a great idea for a Fraggle DVD season set though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Various countries had totally new Doc and Sprocket scenes for each episode. Doc was played by a different performer for each country. Sprocket was usually done by a Henson puppeteer who was as close as possible. It was a big undertaking, but it helped to customize the show for each culture it was shown.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
My understanding (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) is that Sony's distribution deal is going to expire soon (that's why they were interested in acquiring Henson recently) so likely now that the company is back in the family's hands they'll either cut a new deal with Sony or someone else and that will hopefully involve new DVD releases like Fraggle Rock.