Any history on one of my favorite collectibles?

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I'm new to this website/forum, but not new to the world of muppets and muppet collectibles.

Anyways, for years now I've had a collectible that I love, but I'm curious about its history. I'm not too concerned about the value since I have no intentions of selling it. (My instincts tell me it probably has no monetary value, although it is valuable to me.) I was just wondering if it is hand-made (someone mounted the picture from a magazine onto a plaque) or was it manufactured by a company. If it was an ad, what was it advertising?

So here goes (and if anyone wants me to email a picture of the item, I'd be happy to)...

--a plaque with no descriptions on the back
--a drawing or picture bust of Miss Piggy made up of food (challah bread for hair and deserts, candies, frosting, and baked goods making up the torso, face, and hair decorations
--kermits arm enters top right of picture, and his hand is placing what looks like a raspberry as the finishing touch to her hair decorations
--naturally, being an edible piece, the bust is set upon a silver plate

Thanks for any info you may have.

Rachel

Camellia

Reaction score
picture

hi,

sure send a picture and I'll see what I think. I've seen a lot of stuff in all my years collecting Muppet stuff. :smile:

email me:

info AT camellia software DOT com

(address is written this way to cut down on spam robots) :smile:

If there is no written info on it, it could be handmade.
Hallmark made some plaques in 1978-80, but it doesn't sound like one of those, that I've seen.

www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore

cheers,
Camellia

Kermieuk

Reaction score
This picture sounds like its from one of the early 80's Miss Piggy Calendars, I cant remeber which one but I was looking through them last week. Maybe the pic is from the calendar and its been stuck onto a plaque? :mad:

Chris

Reaction score
Chris wrote: "This picture sounds like its from one of the early 80's Miss Piggy Calendars, I cant remember which one but I was looking through them last week. Maybe the pic is from the calendar and its been stuck onto a plaque?"

It would be appreciated if members would investigate this lead. I know some of you have 80's Miss Piggy Calendars...if you get the chance, please look through them and see if you can find the picture.

I'm getting more curious about the origins of the picture since nobody has any solid answers.

Camellia

Reaction score
1983 Muppet Calendar

hi Rachel,

We do have the calendars from the 80s to 2002. :smile:

Yes the picture of Miss Piggy as a candy/cake is from the 1983 calendar.

What a masterpiece!

While sorting through our calendar collection, we noted some duplicates.
(sorry no duplicate 1983, it was VERY hard to find, new in package) :smile:

1996 1997 1998 1999
all are near mint...new...no marks...no tears...no writing :smile:

Also some great new brochures 17"x22" (folded) from Franklin Mint of the porcelain Miss Piggy doll.

All are listed on our web store
www.camelliasoftware.com/muppetstore

enjoy!

Camellia

Reaction score
Picture of 1983 Miss Piggy cake/candy :smile:

Muppetsdownunder said:
Sounds very interesting! I'd love to see a picture of it.
hi Paul,

We will be emailing you a picture.
Let us know if it arrives okay. :smile:
Enjoy!

:smile: