Any Mel Blanc Fans?

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Man, Mel Blanc was really funny! Did he do bugs bunny? If he did, I want to tell you about one of my favorite cartoons with Bugs Bunny in it.

tinweirdo

Reaction score
I thought Mel Blanc was a genius with voices, I think Frank Welker is giving him a run for his money! If we lose him I'll go spare!! Any Frank Welker fans out here?

G-MAN

Reaction score
He was also Bo, Booker, and Sheldon on Garfield And Friends. I like both voice actors very much.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Don't believe everything you read in books. As I said, it makes a more colorful story that way. :wink:

Of course, you have no reason to believe me, either. I'll just say that I've known many, many people that worked with Mel and there is quite a bit of "exaggeration" in his autobiography.

This, however, in no way, takes away from my admiration for the man and his achievements.

:stick_out_tongue:
I'm inclined to believe you, Was Once Ernie. If you've known people who knew Mel, that's pretty concrete evidence. And I could imagine that Mel may have added a hint of b.s. (that's bug snot for those under 18) to his bio.

And on a related note, if you really want to read an autobiography filled with b.s. (more bug snot, kids) and a whole lotta back-patting, read the bio of late Batman creator Bob Kane, intitled Batman and Me. I'm not saying the stuff he wrote couldn't have actually happened, but if it all did, then he left out the part where he found a pot of gold under his bed and became president of Jupiter.

MWoO

Reaction score
Mel Blanc was great and it's a shame that after his death his characters haven't been doing much. Sadly, different times. Looney Tunes humorof old just doesn't get done anymore. Where are our terrorist propoganda cartoons?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Found this awesome clip online and thought of this thread.
An English horse whinny? That's great!

I've always loved how in the cartoons he keeps pushing and pushing that exagerated "Cu.............. camunga!"