Any New Stores Plan to Stock Muppets Series 2?

Corbet

Reaction score
I was wondering if any new stores are planning to stock muppets series 2? Stores like:

KB Toys (not online)
Spencer Gifts
Wal Mart
K Mart
Meijer

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Target too............

I've preorderd all of mine online though, but hopefully if this line really takes off, the big chains like you mentioned will pick them up!

Luke

Reaction score
Also international distribution could do with being stepped up once they get a few waves under their belt - even a lot of the comic stores here weren't carrying them until they got really popular. I wonder if maybe Toys R Us could be persuaded to extend their stock to non-U.S stores ?

Michael Crawford

Reaction score
Hope...

I certainly hope so, particularly Wal-mart, although I imagine they are a mighty tough sell for any smaller company.

How well is series 1 selling in your area? It's not selling as well as I'd hoped around here, although I'm smart enough to understand that's not surprising. It usually takes a line two waves or so to take off, particularly something like this that has to get in front of enough people to generate some interest outside the die hard fans.

Of course, while I understand that, I'm not sure all retailers do. It took the Simpsons until at least wave 3 before it started rolling along, but I suspect retailers have short memories.

My fear is that with something like the Simpsons, no one had any expectations, so when it sold well it was a big surprise. But when Muppets were first introduced, the big line was 'the next Simpsons!'. That brought with it the expectation that it would sell big numbers right off the truck, and that's unreasonable. Hopefully, the retailers are smart enough to see that.

Michael
MWC

MM-III

Reaction score
My city is divided into two large sections... In the west side stores...(where aprox. 1/4 of the population lives) dr. teeth and bunsen sell like hotcakes where as Kermit and Piggy are peg warmers. The lab seem to be a good seller as well. In the main city stores, it's a fairly even across the board with complete sell outs happening at a lot of the stores. But they also serve a much larger population.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
In my town, we also have an eastern area and western area. The west side (aka the ghetto and where I live) is pretty much the only place to find them and the Bunsens and Teeths are hard to come by. Piggy and Kermit aren't quite peg warmers but they're easy to find. The beaker set is selling great. There's probably about 5 stores that actually carry the line around here.

Like Micheal said, I'm also a bit concerned about the expectations meeting the hype for this set. I'm sure there are still 1000s of people out there who could really get into this line but they probably haven't a clue about it... Kinda like the simpsons I guess. One of my friends knows every episode verbatim and just barely discovered the toys! I hope that with the new tv show coming out, it should rehatch interest in the original fans.....

Luke

Reaction score
Here in the UK, at least in the 'Into The Void' Comic Store nearest to me they only have one peg of Muppets, and it's not exactly in a prime position - it's been placed up high and in a corner of the store next to the WWE and Dr Who figures, but away from the Simpsons who get like 10 pegs right in the center of the back wall. Anyway i think they only had like one or two sets of figures in, and no playsets on display but so far all they have left is one Regular Piggy and one Dr Teeth. They are also asking £14.99 per figure though when the going price here is only £10.99 - the scoundrels !

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

In the UK ive only seen them in Forbidden Planet were they seemed to be selling really well, And a place called Maidstone (in a comic Stor) they had one of each left.

I dunno how many they ordered, But it was nice to see em with the new Corgi cars too !

See ya

Corbet

Reaction score
Hey Micheal (I've seen you on the Spawn Message Boards). Well, out of the 3 Toys R Us's,
one only had Kermit
one had none in stock
one had the entire set, multiple piggys and multipl kermits, 1 Dr. Honeydew, 1 Dr. Teeth and 2 playsets.

None Had the Tux Kermit though.

grail

Reaction score
aargh...this is why i started going by "Mike". two different people have misspelled poor Mr. Crawford's first name in this thread alone. it's spelled Michael, not "ea"...

sorry, but that has always bugged me...