Any other crafters out there?

Java

Reaction score
i tinker a little in cross stitching, portait drawing, but the mo im teaching myself to draw manga characters, oh and stupidly i agreed id make my younger sisters prom dress, having never made any clothing in my life i decided to throw myself into the deep end!:sympathy: im just winging it, fingers crossed eh?

monkey
Best of luck! I can't sew so I leave all of that to my mother-in-law.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
At the moment, it's quilting - I took it up a year ago, when Mom and I did the AIDS quilt panel for Richard Hunt. Liked it so much that we decided to take up quilting seriously.

Lately, I've been doing a bunch of small quilts to send to children's hospitals and hospices, that sort of thing.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I like to draw/doodle. I'm more leaning towards inking pre-penciled artwork; and professional styled illustration; with markers/colored pencils. I can do a stiled style of needlecraft/embroidery, I prefer to hand stitch though. I would like to try to crochet or knit, but it's daunting to me.

My mother however is like...a world-class seamstress. Heck, I know more about quilting/knitting/crocheting/needlecraft/embroidery then I can actually do. I just absorb it, but I can't seem to actually replicate it.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm a cartoonist. And I've created some original characters and series I'd like to get sold someday. Also, I like writing fanfiction on the net.

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
best of luck to you, xerus! when your comics appear in the newspaper i'll say i knew you when :wink:

Java

Reaction score
In leiu of a chapter in my fan-fic (too much working, my brain hurts...) I have posted my first tutorial on my blog! It is for starting crochet - chain stitch and single crochet (these are the American terms and stitches, I know there is a difference in terming/stitching in Britain but I'm not certain about Canada and other countries so...)

You'll be able to see the post on today's page if you head over there now, but so that the post doesn't get lost to those visiting at a later date here is the link to only that tutorial.

Crochet, Chain stitch and Single Crochet

Heck, I know more about quilting/knitting/crocheting/needlecraft/embroidery then I can actually do. I just absorb it, but I can't seem to actually replicate it.
Maybe it's just not your time yet. And maybe it's because you haven't had enough time to get comfortable with it.

For me it took me awhile to accept there was a learning curve (heck, I still have issues with it) and therefore don't have much to show for what I do. It's a process for me.

Whatever makes you happy and gives you stress relief though.

Pork

Reaction score
I would definately say I am a crafter. I love cross stitching, scrapbooking, beading (bracelets with delica beads mostly), knitting (only goes about as far as scarfs though), Crocheting (I made beanies, lots of beanies!). SIGH, if only I had more time.

King of Eight

Reaction score
I'm a scrapbooker. I've never really had the urge to knit or crochet or anything like that. I wouldn't mind taking up quilt making though. I've seen some really beautiful work.

Xerus

Reaction score
best of luck to you, xerus! when your comics appear in the newspaper i'll say i knew you when :wink:
Thanx for the kind words, MeWantCookie. :smile: Hopefully, I'll get my cartooning career oneday.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My aunt was a craft enthusiast! She taught a class on it. Her son was also a really good artist! he had a gift for it and he made out family Reunion teeshirts one year. I have another aunt who an interior decorator and she's also really good at sowing and knitting! She's made such gorgeous dresser for her daughter! My mom can also sow pretty well. I've made a few projects with me aunt that passed away and I made some craft type things in summer camp (I think I mad a bird cage or a cage to catch bugs, with turned out realy nice), some wood work and also some things with pottery in school, too. I built a sun dial and I was in the process and almost finished building an hourglass that was turing out so nice. But I didn't get to finish it and my teacher told me that she would finish it because I was being transfered to another school at the time. But I never got to see her again. Maybe she can use it as a display or example for future students as she has with other things. I made a few things in are class, too. I made a alligator, and I also made this really abstract clock with eye's in wood show in my technology class. I showed it to my cousin and he loved it so much that he asked if he could have it, so I gave it to him!:smile: I was part of the Technology Student Association in middle school and was supposed to work on these real working racing cars that were entered in the annual regional contest that they have every year, but we didn't come in fist place. They finished the cars whiteout me though. I really would have loved to work on them, them. I still have my plaque for participating in it!:smile: I also remember when we made these shirts in kindergarten where we put out hand prints all over them with pain that we had to where every time we went on a field trip. I had that shirt for the longest time. I have a picture with me in it, LOL! I also made this really cool shirt with my aunt one Christmas. It some how came out with this beautiful Christmas tree on it with a star Jewel on top. I showed it to my teacher and he really liked it!