Any other places to buy used stuff besides ebay?

Dantecat

Reaction score
Hi,Are there any other places to buy used stuff on ebay?If so,Which ones?Please let me know.Thank you for your help and Take Care. :wink:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I believe Amazon.com and Amazon.ca have their own used goods sections, where instead of buying a new copy from the Amazon store, you can buy a used copy from a user.

That Announcer

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I believe Amazon.com and Amazon.ca have their own used goods sections, where instead of buying a new copy from the Amazon store, you can buy a used copy from a user.
Yep, they do. If you're buying from Amazon.ca, I highly recommend a seller by the name of "gamerudy". If he's selling something that you want, buy it. He sets up a table at my local flea market, and all his stuff is top quality (and much of it in the original shrink-wrap). My "Beauty and the Beast" DVD came from him, and has played 99% flawlessly to this day.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes that's right, Mrs. Pepper. I have bought a lot from Amazon.com both new from them and used from individuals selling through them. I've gotten some really good deals on items in mint or near mint condition. Amazon states that when buying from individuals "you should receive the same quality service that you have come to expect from Amazon." So far I've always had great results. There's also feedback you can check there for each seller, as with Ebay. And the great thing is if you find a great deal you know it's yours to buy right away, instead of hoping someone doesn't outbid you.

Edit: Oh I didn't see you were replying at the same time I was, TA. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Edit: Oh I didn't see you were replying at the same time I was, TA. :smile:
Hey, you think I care? It's fine by me!

And I just realized something: so many people now are on eBay (and, for that matter, Amazon) acting like Beautiful Day Monster: "No, too expensive for that. Ya got anything cheaper?"

Ziffel

Reaction score
I've had all good experiences with Ebay too. It's amazing how much things from the 70's and 80's people have that are still in such great condition. I've purchased old games, books, vhs tapes, etc. that looked like they were in as great shape as they were orignally on the store shelves back then.
I get a kick out of scanning the feedback on ebay for negative comments. One time someone said, "Avoid this seller! The dvd he sent was not the one he had up for bid. Then the seller replied, "Then why didn't you email me about this?"
There was one time I ordered an old electronic game that didn't work but I emailed the seller and he said it worked when he tried it but I could send it back for a refund, so he made good on it. And a couple of times it took a LONG time to get the stuff I won, but I did get them and they were in great condition.

luvtosr

Reaction score
I get quite a bit of stuff from ebay. Living in the UK it can be hard to get my hands on some things so ebay is really handy for me. Plus,when I buy from the US sellers I get to take advantage of how cheap everything is compared to here, I'm slightly ashamed to admit it but what can you do? Sometimes I'll wait four weeks for delivery from over there because it'll cost half what it would over here (or less even) - even with s+h on top.