Any Wendy Carlos fans?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Where I'm from, not many people know about this composer/synth expert that I consider to be one of today's last true geniuses. She is the woman behind such classic albums as "Switched-On Bach" and "Digital Moonscapes". At one point or another, she even did a collaboration with "Weird Al" Yankovic on his "Peter and the Wolf" disc. If you're unaware of who she is, here's her website: www.wendycarlos.com. Check it out, I'm sure you'll like it.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I had "Sonic Seasonings" and "A Clockwork Orange" for quite some time back before I got rid of most of my vinyl...those were really great and unusual albums! (I gave those to a Carlos fan friend of mine...I wonder if they were worth anything, since they both said "Walter Carlos"...original printings)

She's really one of the pioneers of modern synthesizer work. Neat thread!

later
eric

That Announcer

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
(I gave those to a Carlos fan friend of mine...I wonder if they were worth anything, since they both said "Walter Carlos"...original printings)
Actually, they could be rather valuable, I'm not sure. If you don't know what she had done in the '70s there, check out her bio on the IMDb. No worries for me really, I couldn't give a rat's *** about someone's sexual orientation.