Anybody know why there's a wider selection of fruit juices than nut and seed butters?

salemfan

Reaction score
There's a wider selection at the supermarket of juices besides orange juice, (apple juice, grape juice, cranberry juice) but apart from peanut butter, why is there less of a selection of nut and seed butters? Besides peanut butter, there's almond butter, cashew butter, soybean butter, and many others!

luvtosr

Reaction score
Heck, we only have peanut butter over here as far as I'm aware (mind, I don't live in a big city or anything).

The producers of such things tend to run on demand and supply so if they suddenly started selling loads more nut butter they would be more likely to consider expanding the range. In all probability nut butters maintain a steady rate of sale whereas, in lieu of the health kick that so many people seem to be following, fruit juice sales are probably still climbing. Plus nut butters are fattening and fruit juice can provide one of your five daily portions.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I would agree with you. Never heard of any other type of Nut-Butter in the UK, besides Peanut butter Smooth, and Peanut Butter Crunchy. And that type of cheap Peanut Butter that makes you think they left the shells in...

salemfan

Reaction score
There's also a wide selection of fruit spreads(jellies and jams).

salemfan

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of sunflower seed butter and pumpkin seed butter? If not, here are websites of companies who make it:

Sunflower seed butter-www.sunbutter.com

Pumpkin seed butter-http://www.omeganutrition.com/products-gourmet-pumpkinbutter.php

I think these need to be available in more supermarkets!

salemfan

Reaction score
What's so special about peanuts that there appears to be more of peanut butter than sunflower seed butter, pumpkin seed butter, and soybean butter? The three other types of seeds I just mentioned grow right here in the U.S.!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Que l'estacade à claire-voie était-elle la signification pour ceci ?
C'est ludricrous et aliéné ! Je l'aime.

PS: Toute la semaine je vais parler dans... le hee français hee.. :smile:

salemfan

Reaction score
Here is an English translation of the last post:
What the estacade to openwork was she the meaning for this? This is ludricrous and alienated! I like it.

PS: the Whole week I will speak in... the French hee hee..