Anybody remember Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa?

salemfan

Reaction score
I stumbled upon this show online. Who remembers Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never could get into it. However, did you know that it was created by a close personal friend of the TMNT creators? In fact, the COW boys had a breif cameo in the third episode of TMNT Fast Forward.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember it. About a western civilization that consisted of animals and the three main heroes are a team of COW-boys who protect the west.

What's interesting about this series since they're not allowed to show guns shooting bullets on Saturday Mornings, the heroes and villains had strange types of guns. The main hero, Moo Montana, had a gun that shoots sheriff stars. The villains used things like a cactus gun that shoots needles, a boot shaped gun that shoots horseshoes, and a lightning gun that shoots electricity. Just as long as they don't shoot bullets.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Never knew that about the weaponry. The main cast/civilization were cow-based humanoids or anthropomorphized beings if you prefer the more scientific term, though there were other animals involved in the character cast. The funny thing is that even though they're cow-based humanoids, they ride normal horses.
Some of the parody characters were some of my faves... Also, because each of the three main heroes wears a hat with their initial: M for Moo Montana, C for the Colorado Kid, D for Dakota, I kinda created fictional characters for other western states whose initials spelled out the fast food franchise's monicker.
*Bonus points to whoever figures out that little brainbuster.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Also, because each of the three main heroes wears a hat with their initial: M for Moo Montana, C for the Colorado Kid, D for Dakota, I kinda created fictional characters for other western states whose initials spelled out the fast food franchise's monicker.
*Bonus points to whoever figures out that little brainbuster.
Oregon
Nevada
Alabama
Louisiana
Delaware
South Carolina

?

:smile:

Anyway, yes, I remember this show! My sibs and I loved it back in the day! I'd love to see it again.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not exactly... The ones I created were the Oklahoma Rider, Nevada and Ari Zona the fraternal siblings, Louisiana, and Dakota d'South.
But yeah, you got the joke. This show puts me in the mind of remembering others I used to like from the same time period or style. But that's for another thread.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess Delaware doesn't really count as a western state, does it? :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I believe the show came on ABC if memory serves me correctly. I watched the show on saturday mornings. Fun show. Although it's odd to see cows herding other cows. Which begs the question, what would happen if these humanoid cows could mate with regular cows and what would happen.

And yes, if you go to youtube.com I believe you can find some episodes of the show.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If humanoid cows mated with real cows, we'd have mixed-breed cows.

The better question would be regarding those ships of different species...What would happen if Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy had children or if Sonic the Hedgehog and Sally Acorn had children (nevermind that we've seen the children of both pairs in respective alternate realities)?