Anybody seen 5 Children and It?

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Has anybody seen 5 children & it. If so tell me what you thought I'm thinking of adding it to my collection of Jim Henson movies (the fairy character was created by the creature shop)

Emosewa

Reaction score
I've actually just gotten it on DVD but not seen it yet. ^_^

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this movie also, might have to rent it first though.

The only things I heard about this movie was all the buzz here at MC when a DVD release date was given. I saw the cover art when my Wal*Mart got it in, I'm sure I meant to buy it, but just forgot. :stick_out_tongue:

KermiClown

Reaction score
I saw it. It was okay. The creature is CGI and not a puppet. The movie moves along slowly. I'm a huge Muppet / Creature Shop fan, but after renting the movie, I'm not adding it to my DVD collection.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
KermiClown said:
I saw it. It was okay. The creature is CGI and not a puppet. The movie moves along slowly. I'm a huge Muppet / Creature Shop fan, but after renting the movie, I'm not adding it to my DVD collection.
Well I guess I'l have to rent it and be my own critic. BTW CGI isn't all bad, in fact if you look at how it is done it is an interesting blend of animation and puppetry.

KermiClown

Reaction score
I have no problem with CGI at all, if it is done well. If it looks too much like animation, I find it can be distracting. The Creature Shop always appealed to me because of their use of puppetry in movies. That is what I associate Jim Henson and his work with. I understand keeping up with the times and the need for CGI in moviemaking, and I have no problem with that.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
KermiClown said:

Actually, he was 1/2 puppet 1/2 CGI. Henson does a lot of that now.

I for one, loved it. I loved the message in it. I strongly recommend it. :big_grin: It has Jim's spirit in it, somthing you dont see very much in the new stuff. They did a good job.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Pretty funny at some times. It reminded me of like Narnia not all but pretty much.