1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by nickanap, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mariolover

mariolover Well-Known Member

I just choose not to tell my friends for that exact reason. So nobody has made fun of me for it.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Holy bump.....

There are very few friends I tell that I still watch. They need to be mature enough to know.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

All my friends know. I find, even if your friends think your weird, you feel much happier and have better relationships if you're open about things. And, well, being a SST fan is such a huge part of who I am, so it was one of the first things I told my friends. Luckily, their very supportive and don't seem mind.

4. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

The older I get, the less I care what people think.

5. LittleJerry92

Ditto on that! That's why there's always the magical power of just taking those people out of your life.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nobody knows that I still like to watch Sesame Street.

7. Censored

Heck, why should I be embarrassed to tell my friends I watch Sesame Street? They're not embarrassed to tell me they watch Reality Shows.

8. LittleJerry92

9. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Well-Known Member

I watch classic Sesame Street with my daughter. No one judges me for being nostalgic for what I enjoyed as a child.

I have absolutely no interest in modern Sesame Street though.

10. Censored

Same here. In the 90's, I tried to like the modern ones too (of course, there was a lot less old school available then), but in the 2000's I gave up on it.

DarthGonzo and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  11. LittleJerry92

I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I honestly liked alot of 90's skits like the paper crumpling, letters in the city, circle rap song, computer rap song, etc.

Probably cause I was exposed to it as a kid.

12. Furbelle

Furbelle Well-Known Member

Hey even at my age, I still love all those 80's -90's skits. Nothin wrong with it at all. I'll even find myself singing lines from eight balls of fur!....when nobodys looking of course...

13. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I am 36 years old and I could care not a darn thing of what people think of me if I watch Sesame Street. I love the classic show more but I still enjoy getting to see the newer seasons cause sometimes they have some really good storyline (that I could have seen back in the day) so I love all the characters even if there are some I don't like as much as the classic ones. I say "SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!!!!"

14. MikaelaMuppet

I still love Sesame Street, even though I'm 18. You just gotta love all of those classics!

The ones from the 80s and 90s would have to be my favorites.

15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I was a baby and a kid during the 80's but I grew up on 90's SS but I love the 70's and 80's SST cause those are the ones that are really rare to find full shows on. So when some one out there has actual shows from PBS vault that have been coming out of the wood works lately. I have several complete and really Good Quality shows from the 70's seasons. I just love older shows of SST then I do even tho I will still record some of the newer 30 minute seasons but just a few of the episodes not the whole season like I would if they were to start showing every show on earth from the very beginning onward and complete not edited but maybe.

16. mariolover

As I grow older, I am learning more and more not to care what others think. I disclosed my YouTube channel to my entire Snapchat community (which includes several friends from my school.) And some of them will probably think it's weird that I watch Sesame Street. I decided I'm just not going to care anymore what people think of me watching that show.

17. mariolover

I still care what others think at times for different things, but not as much as I used to.

18. MikaelaMuppet

You have Snapchat?

19. mariolover

People may gossip about me, but who cares? As long as you have a few close friends who never abandon you, that's all that matters.

Erine81981 and LittleJerry92 like this.
  20. mariolover

Yes, but I'm not going to disclose my Snapchat to anybody on this forum.