1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by nickanap, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mariolover

mariolover Well-Known Member

My mom is not comfortable with me friending strangers on social media.

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

That’s okay. Just asking is all.

3. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

It’s like how when I asked somebody for their phone number at school, the girl said no because of her mother not allowing her to give the number out to strangers.

4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I could not careless what others think. Yeah there are times I'll think, "What Does This Guy Or Woman Think Of Me Buying Sesame Street Merch," and then I'll say who cares. They aren't the ones who are my friends. I have four best friends who don't care if I watch Sesame Street. Now they won't care to watch any Sesame thing with me but it doesn't hurt me or make me feel like man I wished I had some one to watch this stuff with but ever so often I do wished I had some one to but till then. HOORAY!!!! For Sesame Street!!!!

5. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Believe me, the older you get, the less you care about others' opinions of you.

6. Erine81981

Yep that's what all the people who are way older then me that all I hear them say. I don't care what others say.

LittleJerry92 and Censored like this.
  7. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I have heard a couple of comments about me being an adult who still watches classic Sesame Street clips and episodes online but to be honest, I don't really care what other people think. As many others have said on this thread, classic SS is so much well written and clever than most "adult" shows these days. Stuff like The Kardashians, Jersey Shore (I can't believe they are rebooting that btw), and all those dumb "adult" comedies that load up on sex humor, curse words, and pointless offensive content is FAR more immature than Sesame Street in my opinion. People need to realize that vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity is the definition of childish despite the fact that vulgarity and offensiveness is the main entertainment value in an overwhelming amount of "adult" comedies nowadays. SS has clever writing and countless parodies of shows and movies that aren't even meant for kids in the first place. One of the most childish things a person can do is worry themselves sick about "growing up". To quote fellow fantasy fan and Christian C.S. Lewis "As I matured, I left all childish things behind including that strong desire to grow up,". Besides my 31 year old cousin still loves the Ninja Turtles very much to the point where it's his l time favorite show even before adults only programs like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead and he is one of the coolest and most mature guys I know. I don't think me occasionally watching old nostalgic SS clips on YouTube is the least bit of a problem.

Blue Frackle and ConsummateVs like this.
  8. Erine81981

Preach! I agree with you but I don't mind some of the Adult comedies or TV Sitcoms too but I don't care what anyone thinks of me no matter what. Now I can care a little tiny bit at some times but for most I don't.

9. Flaky Pudding

Some of the adult comedies and sitcoms are great in my opinion too. I was referring to the ones that shock just for the sake of shocking ([adult swim]'s Mr. Pickles for example). If you don't know the show I'm referring to it's some ridiculous adult cartoon (I use the term adult very loosely btw) about a Satanic dog who brutally kills people, uses raunchy language, and is graphically shown mating like rabbits with his fellow cartoon canines. Adult shows with clever humor such as Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and all the Monty Python stuff is awesome. It just seems like too much of the R and even PG-13 rated comedies these days tend to fall into the "appeals only to tweens who want to look cool and edgy for watching stuff their not supposed to," category. I wish there were more true adult comedies that feature actual well written characters instead of lazily written racial stereotypes for the sake of shock value, clever dialogue as opposed to simply dropping the F-bomb over and over again for no reason, and witty visual gags that don't involve brutally murdering the characters without any clever reason as to why.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

That's one of the reasons why I love Camp Camp so much. Despite having lots of cursing and a fair amount of sex jokes, it's actually well-written with clever jokes and dosen't rely on being edgy and gross like many other adult cartoons out there.

LittleJerry92 and Flaky Pudding like this.
  11. Erine81981

Yeah Ive watched a few of Mr. Pickles but yeah it's ok but don't care to watch it at all. But I understand where you are coming from as in adult type stuff that has that Shock Value just to get people or teens to watch it. I feel the same way.

LittleJerry92 and Flaky Pudding like this.
  12. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

The who call us weird or think that we're weird for watching Sesame Street (or any cartoon for that matter) here's what they don't understand,

When we watch these old clips\episodes, they bring us back when life was more simplistic and less problematic. It make us feel good. I'm not saying "I don't like the present!" I love my life and all but sometimes I like to take a walk down memory land a reminisce on how amazing old (certain) shows used to be. Nowadays most of the shows that are airing aren't even HALF as good as some of the shows back in the day. They can call us any name in the book. I'll keep doing what I love until the day I die. It makes me feel comfortable and happy inside and out.

13. Erine81981

I agree but we are all alike. The ones who don't like one show or call it babyish or even say it's over rated or dumb also are the same ones who get picked on by others who hate what they like. So I feel for those who call other shows they don't like the same as us. They have shows that bring them the same type of feels we feel for our stuff we watch. Understand that they might not like something you like but you might not like something they like.

14. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Mr. Pickles is such an awful cartoon.

Like, I like blood and Gore and things that get dark, but that show is just ridiculous. Like the only way you could honestly watch it is if you were on drugs, and even then someone could get paranoid watching it.

Flaky Pudding likes this.
  15. Flaky Pudding

I like Happy Tree Friends which is all about blood and gore but yet somehow Mr. Pickles bothers me. I think it's the combination of gore and sex that makes me feel uneasy. That is a very bad combination in my opinion. Happy Tree Friends may be one of the goriest cartoons ever but they don't even acknowledge sex. Mr. Pickles on the other hand features about as many sex scenes as an entire season of Game of Thrones.

16. Flaky Pudding

I remember people thinking my friend and I were weird when we got at all ecstatic after the Crack Master clip had finally been found. We were at a Christmas party at my mom's workplace together when I had first been notified that the Crack Master clip was released via my YouTube notifications feed. I can totally understand why most other people in the room gave us some understandably odd looks when we were excitedly freaking out like people do at a football game over a lost Sesame Street cartoon.

17. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

Nobody has ever called me weird for watchin Sesame Street, but obviously they don’t understand either. It doesn’t matter to me, though.

18. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

No, because I don't watch Sesame Street. [​IMG]

19. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  20. GrouchFanatic

GrouchFanatic Well-Known Member

Mine isn’t either, but I still do lol