Anyone a fan of The Biggest Loser?

Nick22

Reaction score
i love the biggest loser. im so happy michelle just won! i cant wait for the next season to start! anyone else a fan?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Where we live it is usually the local version on at 7pm every weeknight. It makes for great TV, eating dinner whilst watching the morbidly obese exercise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Normally, I'd leave well enough alone, but...

As "inspiring" as it can be for people to lose weight, I can't help but think the show has a sinister point and stare at the freaks undertone. I watched a couple episodes, and it all came out as "HAHAH ! Look at all dem fatties eatin' all dem foods! Yock Yock yock! Good thing I have a freaky metabolism that allows me to eat double what they do, while not working out and staying thin at the moment. Haw Haw!" I refer of course to the first episode of the season I saw once, and they had all this food, and it showed them eating lots of stuff, fast. Kind of a harsh stereotype that they're playing up, aren't they?

Add to the fact that they go through humiliating "Challenges" where they have to mudwrestle each other, and wear skimpy clothes while doing it... I'm sorry, but I think that the sensationalism kills the inspirational message. As someone struggling with weight myself, I find it beyond offensive. Even moreso than that Fat guy from the Austin Powers movies (him, I found hilarious).