Anyone actually seen the new Muppet kids books?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
...because I have looked all over town and NO ONE seems to be carrying them. Not B&N (they don't even know "Tales of a 6th Grade Muppet" exists), not Toys'R'Us, not Target or Mall-Wart. Yeah, I can buy online, but I really like to thumb through a book first and make sure I really want it! Has anyone else been able to find any of the new books locally??

-----------------------------

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Most of them haven't been released yet. The movie novel, sticker book, stage set, etc. aren't released until October 11th. I just got Tales of a Sixth Grade Muppet in the mail from Amazon today... I wasn't sure when it came out. I'll have to check my Barnes and Noble some time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
----------------------------
...because I have looked all over town and NO ONE seems to be carrying them. Not B&N (they don't even know "Tales of a 6th Grade Muppet" exists), not Toys'R'Us, not Target or Mall-Wart. Yeah, I can buy online, but I really like to thumb through a book first and make sure I really want it! Has anyone else been able to find any of the new books locally??

-----------------------------
Books have become impossible to find. I mean, really.. they moan and groan and file for bankruptcy because everyone's buying everything online... and it's really the ONLY place to find anything is online. I was thankfully surprised finding the impossible to find Inspector Gadget on the Orient Express Graphic Novel at the Comic Book Store last week in new releases... and that was supposed to come out in June.

I'm sure once the movie comes out, they'll have nice little neat displays for movie based books in B&N.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------
A friend of mine found "Tales/Sixth Grade" at Powells and is buying it for me...but yeah. I'm not holding my breath for the other stuff ever showing up locally! I'll pounce on whatever I can find online. Just curious if anyone knows whether ANY national chain is slated to carry any of it!

------------------------

dwmckim

Reaction score
I can see the national chains carrying them but probably not until each book is actually released so they can set up special displays for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can see the national chains carrying them but probably not until each book is actually released so they can set up special displays for them.
And even then, much closer to the movie.

Or you can always order them online and endanger the Brick and mortar book stores even more... :wink:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------
Who said anything about online?? A friend in OR is grabbing what she can find at Powell's for me! :news: Online is a LAST resort.

----------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
I only buy things online if it's the last resort as well. I would much rather go into stores and look at the book or item in question and check out whatever condition its in. Holding something in your hands and being able to really examine it makes you want to buy the item more... or at least it does for me. And you don't have to purchase 50 bucks worth of something to get free shipping, as there's no need to ship it.

And now there are even less places to do that.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I got TOA6GM at Target sometime last year, and the movie read-along book and junior novelization from Amazon. I haven't seen any but the first in brick-and-mortar, but then I haven't looked.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I got TOA6GM and the movie novel for christmas. I haven't seen anything else.:embarrassed: