Anyone else see the MirrorMask trailer?

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
The Storyteller: Greek Myths has the official trailer for MirrorMask on it. Not only does it play when you start the DVD, but it also is accesible from the trailer menu! I must say, MirrorMask looks unbelievable! Anyone else have any thoughts about it? I could talk forever about it!

alorindanya

Reaction score
Having read Neil Gaiman's work (okay, only "Smoke and Mirrors") and seeing some of the artwork from his Sandman series and "Return of the Thin White Duke," I was curious to see how MirrorMask was going to look, especially since there aren't to be physical puppets involved. I must say I wasn't disappointed. This film looks as though it is going to be a Masterpiece.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I have also read "Smoke and Mirrors," (I love Babycakes) but if you found that interesting at all then you'll definately enjoy the rest of his work. I especailly enjoy "Good Omens," "The Wolves in the Walls" (which is illustrated by Dave McKean who was the artist for MirrorMask also), and Neil Gaiman's countless other amazing works.
MirrorMask however seems to be real showcase for Neil and Dave's artistic talent. The visual aspect especially is amazing. When watching the trailer I wasn't totally sure what I was watching which really made me think "this is a Jim Henson Company movie, i have no idea whats going on!"

elz

Reaction score
I cant wait- I love Neil Gaiman and Dave Mckean and i think it'll be amazing- you cant go wrong with those two. Anyone else obsessed with Sandman?

Laszlo

Reaction score
Nightmare

It looks different, interesting... a bit too nightmarish for my taste.
Reminds me of some H.R. Giger art.
Does anyone know a release date?

jarethjunkie

Reaction score
IN CINEMAS!?
MIEN GOT!! (my god)
over here there is no news of it at all, i feel like the only australian who knows about it.
seeing the trailer in theatres certainly gives it more hope of going to them.
Do you remeber which film it was you went to see?