Anyone else think the internet destroyed the element of surprise?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I have it on good authority that at the end of "How I Met your Mother"....

Ted Moseby meets the mother of his future kids.

But don't dare breathe that to another living soul!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
LOL That Homer...what will he spoil next? :smile: That was nice of you to at least give a "just in case" spoiler alert before Homer's outburst. :smile:
Lol, no problem. You never know, right? And it's one of my favorite Homer moments for some reason, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
that has to be one of my top ten homer moments
Yup, right up there with "I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!" Lol

Back to the topic, you know I remember an oft repeated joke when Titanic came out, "Guess what happens? It sinks!" Lol

Redsonga

Reaction score
Anything can be spoiled if you look for it. That's why while there were still new Harry Potter books coming out I never went online until I read the newest book :smile:. It saves time to :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember our college film club screening The Village. The film had just finished its theatrical release so a lot of people had seen it and there was plenty of opportunity for the big surprise ending to have been passed around to the public. Still, when the surprise ending was revealed at our campus screening, there was a huge shocked reaction from people in the audience, lol.

So clearly even with the Internet, it is still possible for some secrets to be kept! :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
That's true, you can sort of tell if someone is going to spoil something, at least in writing...

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Anything can be spoiled if you look for it. That's why while there were still new Harry Potter books coming out I never went online until I read the newest book :smile:. It saves time to :big_grin:
I did that too! Even blocking my ears to try not to hear stuff from people that had read more than me. I remember when #6 came out how **** hard I tried to ignore the constant repetition of "I bet it's Longbottom" so I could read it for myself.

I don't even know if I'll end up seeing DH pt 2, seeing as Facebook + Tumblr seem to have given the whole film away already. ****, all this fandom over HP got me thinking as to whether I should re-read the whole series.

I might, but in French so I count it as studying :stick_out_tongue: