Anyone interested in having a co writer for fics?

Rose

Reaction score
I'm back in the writing mood after almost a year of not writing anything. If anyone is working on or will soon will be working on a fic and a would like me to help them with ideas and concepts please let me know.
I allready have some ideas cooking myself.

I would love to here from ya if you're interested.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Aw, that's rather awesome!
I'm sure your ideas are wonderful enough to be put into play through fanfiction.
As an avid reader, I splurge into the creativity of others...even if they're prone to writer's block. I'm guilty of that gesture as well.

Well, I'm just leaving you words of encouragement--'cause it'd be nice if your write something you yourself created. <3 That'd be awesome.

If you need help in constructing ideas...just pm me!
Hope to see your fics posted around here soon.
=) *GLOMP*

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Yeah me too! And Don't worry you find a good story!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Not me, I am too much of a control freak. Once I get an idea in my head if I am not free to write it exactly how I want I go crazy :stick_out_tongue:. I was the same way when I use to play pretend when I was little, it was my way or the high way...

Rose

Reaction score
Control freaks. :stick_out_tongue:

lol I can be too a bit of a control freak but it always helps when you're stuck on an idea or not sure how to put something especially trying to keep it in charecter if you're writing about something or someone other people knows. I like it when people gently correct me but it's always me who has the finial say in anything I write, and when it's someoen elses idea I try to go with what they have to say as well.
I may make a small suggestion but I won't have kittens if they happen to dissagree than on tho ther hand if they can use anything of mine that's always an honor. Unless I say I don't want anyone copeying anything it's usueally fair game when it's posted here. :smile: I always see fan fiction to be fun and not to be taken seriously, and when more than one person gives a hand it makes it that more interesting to see your work through someone elses eyes.

Not me, I am too much of a control freak. Once I get an idea in my head if I am not free to write it exactly how I want I go crazy :stick_out_tongue:. I was the same way when I use to play pretend when I was little, it was my way or the high way...

Redsonga

Reaction score
For me, keeping characters in character is the most easy part, my trouble is spelling :coy:

Rose

Reaction score
Spelling errors. :busy:

Yeah same here I'm like a Goarg when it comes to spelling. lol I liek having a editingprogram like Microsoft Word or Office pro which you can get for free from fanfiction.net. It's not da best but it dose help on minour spelling mistakes.
I'm on a friend's computer so I don't have any of those... yet! so excuse the odds pelling mistake.

For me, keeping characters in character is the most easy part, my trouble is spelling :coy:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I think the toughest thing is that, despite the fact that we "share" the same characters here, we all interpret them a little differently. I am currently working on a collaboration with my muppet buddy Aaron, but we sometimes have to go back and forth on what we want the story to do. (And it's slow going, because everyone's schedule differs! My favorite time for writing is probably between midnight and 2 a.m.!)

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think the toughest thing is that, despite the fact that we "share" the same characters here, we all interpret them a little differently. I am currently working on a collaboration with my muppet buddy Aaron, but we sometimes have to go back and forth on what we want the story to do. (And it's slow going, because everyone's schedule differs! My favorite time for writing is probably between midnight and 2 a.m.!)
That's another reason why I don't read others fanfics while I am writing my own, sometimes views of the fandom clash so much it just gets in the way of my own writing...I get this horrorable need to write an annoying "I don't like this you should really think of writing it this way." review, which doesn't really help anything:sympathy:...

Ruahnna

Reaction score
That's another reason why I don't read others fanfics while I am writing my own, sometimes views of the fandom clash so much it just gets in the way of my own writing...I get this horrorable need to write an annoying "I don't like this you should really think of writing it this way." review, which doesn't really help anything:sympathy:...
You are right about that sort of thinking being unhelpful, but it is a common pitfall of new writers to think one of two things: (1)My mystery story (for example) is not any good if it isn't EXACTLY like one of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes mysteries; or, (2) My mystery story is not any good if it isn't COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from one of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes mysteries. The thinking on both of these is flawed. You don't have to write like other writers, but no one ought to waste time trying to be the "writing police" (especially in fan-fic, where we are ALL technically trespassing!).

I, too, find it hard to read other writers (including professional authors--even those I revere) when I'm writing--but not because they clash with what I write. What I find is that creativity begats creativity, and when I read someone's writing that is really good, it makes me want to go write something great! When I read someone's writing that is really bad, it makes me want to go write somthing better! (Recently I read a mystery by an extremely popular author that was set in The South. The most charitable thing that I could say about her interpretation of The South is that she apparently never visited any of the southern states.) Also, it's VERY unproductive to try to get the whole world to do things the way you do them--especially when it comes to art. Don't you suppose Picasso's peers all told him we was doing everything wrong? And while they were doing THAT, he was claiming new territory for his art.

One of the lovely things about fanfiction boards is that everyone--new, old, good, bad--gets a chance to win an audience. And how BORING it would be if we all wrote the same thing the same way. Sheesh--I've even pointed out once or twice that I don't even feel compelled to be internally consistent. If I want to write a story with Scooter all grown up and Robin still a child, well...I can. (And so did the Muppets--in IAVMMV.) If I want to write a story about Robin all grown up (as others have done and I might!), then I can do that, too.

So, as one of my poet-ing friends says--Go WRITE something! (And that means EVERYBODY!)