Anyone into the Christopher Guest films?

P

Princeton

Just wanted to revive this old clunker; they just started showing A Mighty Wind on Comedy Central!

P.S. My 400th Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey, well I wasn't around the first time this thread was up, but I LOVE Christopher Guest! All four movies are on my favorites list and I will never get tired of them! I too just saw that A Mighty Wind was on Comedy Central today. You never get the full effect of his movies on t.v. though.

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
i love how cringe-worth the movies are....just soo horrible to watch...

:wink:

unclematt

Reaction score
Is there a better film than Waiting for Guffman?

BEAR

Reaction score
It is always amazing to me how all of his movies were totally improvised! I love all three of the films Guest has made. It is interesting to see how mellow and chill he is in real life. I watch him in interviews and he seems just so down to earth and real. Also funny that he is married to Jamie Lee Curtis. What a odd couple. She is so energetic and he is so laid back. Probably makes for a good balance.

I wonder what his next project will be.

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love them all and have them all on DVD.

P

Princeton

unclematt said:
What is your favorite one?
Not sure if you're asking ME, but that's a very difficult decision. So, the way I see it, it's comparrison time:

WFG- Probably my fav, if only for pure Parker Posey yumminess!:flirt:
Libby: Cokes... just drive in, get a Coke... if you're thirsty.

BIS- High on my list as well, if only for the disfunctional characters!:crazy:
Mark Schaeffer: Two nights and we have you down for a queen.
Scott Donlon: What are you suggesting,... my dear man?

AMW- The music aspect of it basically saved it; soooo disapointed that "Kiss At The End Of The Rainbow" lost for Best Original Song Oscar!:mad:

Mike Lafontaine: Where's the real mayor? Wha' happened? Someone shot the mayor, they did not shoot the deputy. Incidentally, the D.A.'s office called, they can't find ANY witnesses, so, uh, he's in the clear.

And unclematt, SUPER-MEGA CONGRATS on becoming a senior member!!!!!!!!!

unclematt

Reaction score
Thankyou Princeton and my favorite is Waiting for Guffman.

P

Princeton

Not sure if anybody heard about this, but I believe in September there will be a new mockumentary that follows the same basic plot of WFG, but this time instead of Broadway possibilities, the characters will face Oscar possibilities! The title is "For Your Consideration".:excited: