Anyone Like Antique Shoping?

zns

Reaction score
Are you into nostalgia. Do you enjoy things from the past? Do you like living in a world a yesterday? I am a huge fan of visiting shops and outlets that sell nothing but antiques and memorabilia. I enjoy checking out rare and valuable stuff and figuring out their prices and values. Most of the time, I shop for Muppet memorabilia and such, but I enjoy seeing other treasures as well. Does anyone out there ever enjoy doing that stuff?

anytimepally

Reaction score
I do like antique shops, but I don't like spending money, so I don't go often.. but that is how I got all my Muppet Sigma Mugs :smile: .. even when I'm not buying anything, I enjoy browsing and looking at all the different things they have and how many I remember from my childhood.. that sort of thing.. and sometimes around Christmas, I like to go to antique shops and play carols on old, out-of-tune pianos.. it just gets me in the Holiday spirit, and really, Christmas carols are about the only songs I can play on the pianos (and not those very well), so using out-of-tune pianos makes it seem like I can almost play

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love nostalgia, it's huge for me. Mainly for old advertisements or media related things. I guess it's the idea that the world used to look and be a certain way, but then it disapeared and we'll never see it again. That's always fascinated me.

Of course, I don't really have the money to be a collector or anything. That would be nice at some point.

sesameguy

Reaction score
I enjoy it, but I also enjoy thrift store shopping once in a while. I never find anything REALLY valuable, but I do ocassionally find some small treasures. And I can usually afford them. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just looked at an old Giggles cookie ad yesterday if that counts. I used to love those cookies!:excited:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Never bought anything but yes it's fun to look at old stuff of anykind.

Skye

Reaction score
I do like it, too! I love seeing all the different things that have been around in the past. I can be a very nostalgic person sometimes. It's so much fun to be able to be introduced to the many things out there and learn more about it all. I'm not a collector either, but I love seeing it all!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I love antique shops. There's one in Staunton, VA where I attend camp every summer. I went in there one day and happened across a copy of Of Muppets and Men, which was a little dusty but otherwise in great condition. And very cheap, too - only $10! The clerk didn't understand why I was so excited and when I explained to her that the cheapest I'd seen this before was at about $50, she didn't believe me.

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, what a great find, Speed Tracer! That's awesome! :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Skye said:
Wow, what a great find, Speed Tracer! That's awesome! :smile:
As I recall, it was the first time in my life that I made a sound that could be conceived as a "squeal."

Oh, and I edited my post - I said that the cheapest I had seen the book was $250, but I meant to write $50.

Also, if it's worth anything to anyone with $80 to spare, I was looking for No Strings Attached (the Creature Shop book) on eBay and came across Of Muppets and Men for that very price. If you so desire, you could buy it right now for that price with no shipping prices. It's worth it!