Anyone like Laurel & Hardy?

Tim

Reaction score
It's a shame they don't run their stuff more often. I think they would be as popular as The Three Stooges if they did.

I heard that in real life, they lived across the street from one another, and rather than use the phone, they used to get on the roof and hollar to each other. Not sure if that's true or not, but it sounds like a great "Stanley" idea!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I LOVE L&H!! I was a member of Sons of the Desert for many years growing up, and have collected a BUNCH of their movies on VHS. My favorite is "Brats." I've introduced all my friends to them slowly but surely--they all like them. They ARE one of the greatest comedy teams of all time, followed by Abbot and Costello and 3 Stooges (in no particular order).

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I LOVE L&H!! I was a member of Sons of the Desert for many years growing up, and have collected a BUNCH of their movies on VHS. My favorite is "Brats." I've introduced all my friends to them slowly but surely--they all like them. They ARE one of the greatest comedy teams of all time, followed by Abbot and Costello and 3 Stooges (in no particular order).
Yep, that's a good one when they play themselves as kids.

I also like "Me and my Pal" (1933) Here's what it's about:
STORY: Bigshot businessman Ollie is to be married this afternoon. Best man Stan arrives at the Hardy home with a thoughtful wedding present: a jigsaw puzzle. The Boys, along with the butler, a cab driver, a cop and a delivery boy, become so engrossed in the puzzle, Ollie misses his wedding.

One of the funny things about it is that Ollie's future father-in-law (James Finlayson) come over to Ollie's house to see what's delaying the wedding, and he also get's caught up in doing the jigsaw puzzle!

I read that when Stan Laurel was an old man, he would spend his time writing scripts for himself and the late Oliver Hardy. Even though Hardy was dead, it brought Stan Laurel great joy just to sit down and write scripts for him and Ollie that he knew would never be done.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
JoeyMuppet said:
I have that film in a DVD box set I got from Borders/Amazon.com.

Yeah I just got it on DVD a while back, I love it :smile: brings back fond childhood memories. My Grandma had taped it sometime in the 80's and I have watched it ever since!