Anyone notice any cuts in Oz?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch the whole thing, but i did catch some of DC's airing of Muppets Wizard of Oz, and i was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't just the hacked-up 89 minute version that made up ABC's original broadcast. Not only was it a point of pride that DC, notorious for airing WAY too many commercials, aired the longer version, but also since the overall pacing in the full version is SO much better than the ABC edit which really seemed to suffer from the cuts.

So here's my question to those who caught the whole thing - did they actually air the entire movie as seen in the full version on the dvd or did they cut anything out?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I watched it on TV, and then bought the DVD. The DVD was a thousand times better than the TV show, with about 20 minutes added back into the movie (I think). I've suggested for years now that folks who hated MWoO should get the DVD (rent it at least) and give it one my try. I think it really is a good film.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I watched it on TV, and then bought the DVD. The DVD was a thousand times better than the TV show, with about 20 minutes added back into the movie (I think). I've suggested for years now that folks who hated MWoO should get the DVD (rent it at least) and give it one my try. I think it really is a good film.
I agree. (With the exception of the too extended Ashanti opening credits) The uncut DVD version has a lot more Muppet zaniness. Kermit’s Passion one-liner is just too good for TV. :smile: I believe there was more Electric Mayhem too. Just a lot more fun. :flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Okay--everybody come to my house on Thursday night for Pizza (veggie pizza will be available) and Muppets Wizard of Oz viewing! Who's comin'! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'll be there. Can we also have spray-cream doughnuts?

One of these days I must purchase a R2 version of this dvd...since I bought it from America with an American region just because I thought that it wouldn't hit British stores for a while.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Beau, you should come over for a visit anyway.

I wish the DVDs would put more Muppet bloopers on. Those are always funny.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yay. It'll be a party. So, when is everyone coming to Memphis?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'll never make it all the way from Australia Kev.

But I'll be thinking about you all when I watch my own copy of MWoO.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmm...I think you have nothing to worry about. Nobody's really tried to say they're coming to Memphis yet.

I watched it again. It's a good film. I wish it weren't so much about Ashanti and more about the Muppets. I still wish Frank Oz had been available to play the Wizard.