Anyone on here a member of 'Puppeteer of America'? If so...

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hi, :smile:

Is if anyone on here a member of 'Puppeteer of America'?

I was googling 'The Great Santa Claus Switch' yesterday and came across the Puppeteer of America Lending Library. It has a copy of The Great Santa Claus Switch, as well as some other Jim Henson stuff, including a 58 minute version of 'Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas' (is that complete?) and 'The Frog Prince'.

What I'm wondering is, are these taped off the TV versions like some people on here have or are they higher quality versions?

To borrow them you have to be a member ($30 to $50 depending on age) and pay a lending fee ($20 for 3 DVDs to borrow for 3 weeks)

Anyway here is the link to the Jim Henson page: http://store.puppeteers.org/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=41_51&sort=20a&page=1

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to bump this post, but I'm still hoping that someone on here is a member, or could join.

It would be so great to get to see high quality versions of The Great Santa Claus Switch and The Frog Prince! And also great to have a high quality, complete version of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (the DVD release is only 49 minutes and 6 seconds, but the one they have is 58 minutes!)

Of course, the version they have could be low quality version recorded off the TV, but I have a feeling that there not. I'm thinking they are the same as what the The Paley Center for Media has.