anyone remember the up/down remote???

strelator

Reaction score
I keep remembering a few songs/sequences that no one seems to remember. There is one where a guy gets the up/down remote, and in one scene he makes a bridge collapse, then puts it back up.

Also there is one where they are in a toy factory making wind up toys and such, and there is a really catchy song playing in the background. I love that song.

And the last one I will ask about for now is where a family has a cookout. I think it is Louisiana by the music, and food. I loved the music on that clip, and would love to find it.

If anyone has copies of these clips, or at least remembers them, then please let me know.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Yeah. That 1st one you mention was funny. Can't remember that 2nd one but the last one mentioned I do remember I think.

strelator

Reaction score
That's cool that someone else remembers. I knew someone else had too. The second one on my list is very vague to me, it may have been a different show? I'm searching through youtube.com and have found some great clips! Thanks youtube. I am searching for one other. It is a lady singing "I am the mountain, I am the stream...". I think she is mother nature, singing about keeping the enviroment clean and stuff. If anyone knows where to find more clips, or too find the specific ones I mentioned I would love too know. Thanks!

Soul H

Reaction score
I remember the up-down remote. It was narratored by Square One TV's Mr. Glitch.

strelator said:
I keep remembering a few songs/sequences that no one seems to remember. There is one where a guy gets the up/down remote, and in one scene he makes a bridge collapse, then puts it back up.

Also there is one where they are in a toy factory making wind up toys and such, and there is a really catchy song playing in the background. I love that song.

And the last one I will ask about for now is where a family has a cookout. I think it is Louisiana by the music, and food. I loved the music on that clip, and would love to find it.

If anyone has copies of these clips, or at least remembers them, then please let me know.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
strelator said:
That's cool that someone else remembers. I knew someone else had too. The second one on my list is very vague to me, it may have been a different show? I'm searching through youtube.com and have found some great clips! Thanks youtube. I am searching for one other. It is a lady singing "I am the mountain, I am the stream...". I think she is mother nature, singing about keeping the enviroment clean and stuff. If anyone knows where to find more clips, or too find the specific ones I mentioned I would love too know. Thanks!
I remember that song! Doesn't it end with "I am the world?" Gosh I'd love to hear that again if anyone had it.

I also remember the remote control, it was quite funny. I think I remember the one with the picnic. Gosh, I haven't thought of any of these in years.

JLG

Reaction score
I have never understood how they got that bridge-collapsing footage. If that was fake it sure looked real. Did they really manage to shoot a real bridge that was being demolished? I haven't seen that film in about 10 years---maybe it would be clearer to me if I saw it again.

I love how that little girl just waltzes along and fixes the problem. She sure thinks the whole thing is darn funny, though!

Was it just me or were there two versions---one that ended right after she laughs and walks off, and another that runs on a little bit longer to show more of the scientist freaking out?

nickcoffee12

Reaction score
the who am i song is the epsode is oscar birthday and if you have sprout it is on august the 14th at 5.00 am 9.00am and 5.00pm

abiraniriba

Reaction score
strelator said:

Actually he doesn't put the bridge back up the collapsing bridge is at the end of the sketch. What happens is after making a whole bunch of things go up and down, he sees the bridge and tries pushing up, but nothing happens, then after a few more tries he says alright down and pushes down, causing the bridge to collapse, he then drops the remote and runs off to avoid getting caught. A little kid picks up the remote and pushes up which causes the bridge to reassemble itself.

strelator

Reaction score
nickcoffee12 said:
the who am i song is the epsode is oscar birthday and if you have sprout it is on august the 14th at 5.00 am 9.00am and 5.00pm
If someone knows how to record it and get it on the web that would be great!

I remember the bridge being brought back up by the girl at the end, now that you mention it.

To mikebennidict and anyone else who remembers the last clip I mentioned in my first post. I believe I found a clip of the song that plays: "It's Zydeco". You can find it at cduniverse. Type in Sesame Road in the search and listen to clip three. Listen to the others too, they bring back memories.

No one seems to remember the last clip I mentioned in my first post. If I remember correctly, it starts out in a factory and there is a funky song playing in the background. I made a little clip of the song on my computer. It isn't perfect but someone may recognize it. I'll put it on if anyone seems interested. Thanks.