Anyone remember this Fraggle song?

christyb

Reaction score
I know this sounds very weird but here goes. I was in my room studying last night and I started humming this song. Pretty soon I remembered some words but got stuck. So my question is does this Fraggle song really exist or am I just making things up. I haven't seen much of the show in years so I'm not sure. Here's what I can remember.

There's a story goin' 'round that Fraggle's over now.
There's a story goin' 'round the show is _____ (can't remember this word)
But the truth's is that it's sad to say you're leaving us...
Thanks to all the children who made us real.

Ok so it's sketchy. But does this song actually exist and I'm just remembering it from when I was little or what?? Thanks for the help guys.

Frogster

Reaction score
I think you might be thinking of "Fraggles Look For Jobs," the going away tape they made. No one was seen when the song played; it was a black screen. But you could hear the Fraggle Five singing, though. It was like a thank-you to all the people who worked on the show. I don't know how you managed to see it though; it was never publicly released. I got my copy from muppetcentral forum member Boober Gorg. It's a neat little show, although I think that watching it once was enough... hope this helps

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ahh, the Muppet Central underground trading market lives!

christyb

Reaction score
Seeing as I was so young when Fraggle Rock ended most of my memories of it are faint. I have seen many reruns, songs, etc. since the show ended. So I may have not even seen it only heard it. Since Fraggles ended what late 80s early 90s I was what 4 or 5 years old when it ended? My mind is weird how it brings up odd things that are deep within it like that. My dad thought I was crazy so I was just wondering if this song in my head even existed. But enough of my rambling....

christyb

Reaction score
What fun! Thanks!. My flashstick is starting to send me evil messages because of this :smile:.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I think you might be thinking of "Fraggles Look For Jobs," the going away tape they made. No one was seen when the song played; it was a black screen. But you could hear the Fraggle Five singing, though. It was like a thank-you to all the people who worked on the show. I don't know how you managed to see it though; it was never publicly released. I got my copy from muppetcentral forum member Boober Gorg. It's a neat little show, although I think that watching it once was enough... hope this helps
How might I get a copy from you?

Frogster

Reaction score
To christyb;
http://www.scarecroe.com/files/
Scroll down until you see fragglefarewell.mp3, and you'll have your song. There are PLENTY of The Muppet Show and Sesame Street tunes as well at this site, so take your time and I'm sure you'll find quite a bit!
:smile: :smirk:

zeldazipple

Reaction score
christyb said:
I know this sounds very weird but here goes. I was in my room studying last night and I started humming this song. Pretty soon I remembered some words but got stuck. So my question is does this Fraggle song really exist or am I just making things up. I haven't seen much of the show in years so I'm not sure. Here's what I can remember.

There's a story goin' 'round that Fraggle's over now.
There's a story goin' 'round the show is _____ (can't remember this word)
But the truth's is that it's sad to say you're leaving us...
Thanks to all the children who made us real.

Ok so it's sketchy. But does this song actually exist and I'm just remembering it from when I was little or what?? Thanks for the help guys.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but That sounds like the song the Wizard sang in ' The Wizard ' It went like this.
:sing: Ther's a stroy goin' 'round and it started long ago and everyone keeps tellin' it in places high and low, and because my heart is weary I'd really like to know is it true what they say is it true? Is it true? Not beceause they told me so! Is it true? Not beceause the story's old! Is it true? Not that you really know! Is it true? Not 'til you feel it grow! Is it true? Now I seen it with my eyes! Is it true? Now I feel the glory rise! Is it true? Now I know the reason why? Is it tru-u-u-ue? Is it true that the doubters say that they believe? Is it true that the skwptic finally receive? And now I know and I wonder with an achin' in my heart that we're waiting around and hopeing for the magic time to start! And now ther's more waiting ther's news for me and you 'cus it's true! Yes it's true! yes it's yes it's true!
Not sure if i got that right or not but that's the only Fraggle song I can remeber off hand that starts with ther's a story goin' around. I'm stumped on this one. Thought I knew all the Fraggle songs, but this one really has me stumped. :confused:

christyb

Reaction score
No that's not it. Frogster posted the link to find the song I'm thinking of!!!! Thanks a bunch.