Anyone remember this 'Rhyming' classic?

Al Hempker

Reaction score
This particular clip had 3 standard muppets and one hippie looking one that wore sunglasses (I think). It started with one saying 'fat' another one saying 'cat' and the third saying 'sat.' Then the hippie would run up and start shouting an improvised rap with the three words and the other 3 would give him a look and he would leave. Kind of a louder version of 'Mahnamana.'

Anyone have this clip?

Xerus

Reaction score
I know Jim Henson did Mahna Mahna, Jerry Nelson did the green guy, Frank Oz did the blue guy, but does anyone know who did the purple one? His voice sounds familiar.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I know Jim Henson did Mahna Mahna, Jerry Nelson did the green guy, Frank Oz did the blue guy, but does anyone know who did the purple one? His voice sounds familiar.
I'm pretty sure the purple guy was Jim as well(at least his voice was anyway).

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't have that clip, but I definitely remember it very well. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Al Hempker, and welcome to the fun and frivolity that is the world of Muppet Central's forums.
That said, the clip you're looking for is the sketch accompanying the classic SS song "Scat Cat". The name of the hippy singer is Bip Bipadotta, along with his three backup singers. (Please excuse me if I misspelled the character's name, you find it on my Muppet Listings 14.0 thread in the Classic Muppets section of this very forum.)
If you tune in to MC radio, I'm sure you'll hear it at some point in the rotation. Hope this helps and have a good day.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Manha Manha guy: Fat
Green guy: Cat
Blue guy: Sat
Violet guy: Hat
gg: Fat
bg: Fat
vg: (pause) Fat
gg: Cat
bg: Cat
vg: (pause) Cat
gg: Sat
bg: Sat
vg: (pause) Sat
gg: Hat
bg: Hat
vg: (pause) Hat
MMg: (bursting in) A fat cat sat on a hat, saw a rat on the mat, got a bat, had a chat with a gnat that he'd pat in a vat that was flat, oh yeah!
(all glare at him, shaking their heads)
(quieter) Oh... yeah
Sorry about that
Small
gg: Ball
bg: Tall
vg: Wall
gg: Small
bg: Small
vg: (pause) Small
gg: Ball
bg: Ball
vg: (pause) Ball
gg: Tall
bg: Tall
vg: (pause) Tall
gg: Wall
bg: Wall
vg: (pause) Wall
MMg: (bursting in) See the small ball on the tall wall, see it fall in a hall, see it crawl, give its all its call, "Hi, y'all!" see it stall, wear a shawl, oh yeah!
(all glare at him, shaking their heads)
(Quieter) Oh, yeah (sighs)
Red
gg: Head
bg: Fed
vg: Bread
gg: Red
bg: Red
vg: (pause) Red
gg: Head
bg: Head
vg: (pause) Head
gg: Fed
bg: Fed
vg: (pause) Fed
gg: Bread
bg: Bread
vg: (pause) Bread
MMg: (bursting in) See the red head bein' fed bread on his sled made of lead as he sped to be wed but he fled instead out ahead up to Ted in his bed and he said...
(All glare at him as he continues, shrinking down)
Red, head, fed, bread
Small, ball, tall, wall
Fat, cat, sat, hat
And that's that!
gg, bg, & vg: SCAT!!!

Al Hempker

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this clip is included on any commercial video (preferrably DVD) releases?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Getting Ready to Read

and

Bert and Ernie's Word Play