1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone visit Sesame Street?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by travellingpat, Feb 15, 2006.

1. i have just seen your photos they are cool. thanks for sharing.:)
  2. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Great looking pictures,Pat!
  3. Ilikemuppets New Member

Nice picks, man!
  4. travellingpat Active Member

5. SirGiggles New Member

I will just can u tell me how 2 get there?
  6. ISNorden Active Member

If I'd had the right connections to visit the studio with Pat, I would have loved to hear about the Fix-It Shop reappearing, straight from the producer's mouths. I do wonder what Maria and Luis will be fixing now, though; toasters have been so overused in Fix-It Shop material that I used to wonder why the place didn't have a sign "Toasters Are Our Specialty". (Heck, I remember only one episode in which Maria had another realistic repair job: she was working on an alarm clock when Sonny Friendly interrupted her with a game show on the spot.)

P.S. Maybe by Season 38-40, the producers will make Elmo's World into a spinoff show; if we're very lucky, they'll use the other fifteen minutes for more street action and classic clips. *crosses all her fingers and toes*
  7. MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I got to visit the set twice: once back in 1993 through a personal connection (I'd rather not divulge details here sorry) and once back in 1999 when I was interning for the Jim Henson Company. Great times both and it was a dream come true. Yes, you definitely have to know someone to get in. They're not a open set and matter of fact even with my connections back in 1993 the original day I was scheduled to visit had to be rescheduled because Johnny Cash was going to be taping that day and it was a closed set even to friends of friends on the staff. But it was nice to see how the set evolved from the time I was there in 1993 to 1999. In 1993 it was the season they went "around the corner" where they expanded the set with the Furry Arms Hotel, etc. However I'm not allowed to post pics here as I was asked by my friend to not reproduce them so sorry guys for the tease but I'm glad to share the stories.
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

Wow, talk about lucky.
  9. TashAndMe Member

I once visited the set. My dad has a friend (who will remain namless for privacy reasons) who wrote some songs for Sesame Street and she got my family in to see a taping. It was really cool. I had my picture taken in Oscar's trash can.
  10. wow, that is a great story. I can't imagine having that opportunity. It looks like Caroll went out of his way with spending time with you, lunch, and posing for all those pictures! WOW! congratulations.

(Keep those pics backed up and in a fireproof safe, bank, etc. You will need those to show your grandkids 60 years from now!)
  11. Ilikemuppets New Member

That must have been fun.
  12. doctort13 Member

I visited the traveling "set" at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis.

Click on the Myspace link below to see a picture.
  13. Ilikemuppets New Member

I think the traveling set is based on the set from 92-98. Nice pick by the way.
  14. ILuVERNIE New Member

gRrRRRrrRr... i can't see the pics on here! my dum-a computer won't let me do nothin!!
  15. travellingpat Active Member

I had to take the pics off, but I may be visting again before the end of December...Im trying to pick out a date to visit with Marty Robinson right now
  16. dkmontgomery Member

Interesting!

Must have been neat!:) ;) :rolleyes:
  17. travellingpat Active Member

Just talked to Marty

Probably visiting again sometime in later november, early december!
  18. travellingpat Active Member

Im going to the set again on Tuesday!!! I cant wait!!
  19. MelMo New Member

Outstanding!

Give some info on your latest visit to the Street. Sadly, I didn't get to see your photos, so hopefully you can put some more up? Meeting Carol has been a dream of mine (literally). You're a lucky fella!
    Cheers,
    MelMo:halo: