Anyone's pet a Muppet fan?

beaker

Reaction score
I was just curious whose pets on here are Muppet fans? Sounds a bit peculair?

In late 90's I noticed whenever I had the Muppet block of programming on Nick Jr(Muppet Babies, Muppet Show, Andy and Randy) my bird Kiwi would always really perk up and get all excited. I soon noticed this wasnt just a fluke, as she got the same way when I would have Sesame on, or one of my tapes.
Around this time I discovered MC(back when it was on Geocities)
and started tape trading...and oh man she really loved some of that stuff. 5 years later she is still qyuite the Mupept fan, her favorites seem to be Elmopalooza, Sesame Computer Caper, the Joe the Armadillo special on the KSY dvd, the opening musical number on MFS(for some reason she seems to get antsy a little bit into the movie) and *anything* Bear in th eBig Blue House or Fraggle Rock. I wish I could take her to meet Spinney next week, as Im sure being a yellow bird she could appreciate meeting the real Big Bird.

So, anyone's pet seemingly at least amused whenever Muppet stuff is on?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am interested in what your bird thought of Swamp Years.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I am interested in what your bird thought of Swamp Years.
Oh she cant even really sit through the long opening to the actual KSY movie, but she loves the Joe the Armadillo segments.
She of course also only likes the first 15 minutes of MFS. I'd say she has a pretty good barometer on things:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh she cant even really sit through the long opening to the actual KSY movie, but she loves the Joe the Armadillo segments.
She of course also only likes the first 15 minutes of MFS.
So amazingly Cory, she likes exactly the same bits as you ? LOL ! :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
So amazingly Cory, she likes exactly the same bits as you ? LOL ! :stick_out_tongue:
Um, sort of...not entirely. It's more that she has the attention span of a 2 year old, so unless there is singing and dancing and early on she gets antsy. Come to think of it, Im not sure if she has sat through anything in its entirity of great length. Didnt you mention you had a bird too?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Um, my cat's a Muppet hater. But, that doesn't count, does it? :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Didnt you mention you had a bird too?
I had a Hamster (R.I.P) and now have a dog and a cat, plus another cat who can't decide whether he's left home or not after being asked to leave by the dog. I've not yet tested any of their reactions to Muppets but i know the Hamster used to love watching WWF pay per views at 3am in the morning and loved to run on his wheel with heavy rock music playing in the background.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I had a Hamster (R.I.P) and now have a dog and a cat, plus another cat who can't decide whether he's left home or not after being asked to leave by the dog. I've not yet tested any of their reactions to Muppets but i know the Hamster used to love watching WWF pay per views at 3am in the morning and loved to run on his wheel with heavy rock music playing in the background.
LOL! Oh it is so funny you mention WWF, as when I first got my bird she *hated* the WWF(when I was last really into it 97-98)
She would just turn her whole body away from the tv when it came on. Now she enjoys watching tv, heck she loves watching Saturday Morning cartoons with me...but something about pro wrestling didnt sit well with her, heh.

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
My dog used to try to attack Sproket when he was a puppy (He just turned ten) Does that Count.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its a funny topic, pets being muppet fans but my kitten which can probably be called a cat now because she is older, loves Jumping onto the high shelf I have with all the muppet action figures on. She also seemed a bit curious when I put the song put down the ducky on, I think it was probably the squeaks in it that she liked.

:smile: :stick_out_tongue: