Anything Exciting For Muppets In 2007?

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
If they plan anything they'll probably just end up cancelling it.:stick_out_tongue: Sure, they could listen to the fans and hear us out, but no.:boo: :mad:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Well, they have closed down their on line Muppet store, which isnt a good sign.
I just went to Muppet Stuff at The Muppets site, and it takes you to DisneyShopping.com, with a couple pages worth of Muppet merchandise. Not much, but a little, mostly movies.

Anyway, I think it would be very Muppety if they waited until they were ready to handle it properly, and have a Muppets 52nd or 53rd Anniversary or something in a couple years. As long as they're waiting to do it right, and do The Muppets justice, I'm all for waiting (which is what has been heard that they're doing, prolonging any future projects until they figure it out) <---did that make sense?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
This thread is thoroughly depressing me.

Like, seriously.

Which sucks.

It's just really dissapointing that there is nothing being brought to the fans, nothing to look forward to. I mean, we are rabid fans for a reason: because we LOVE WHAT YOU DO. However, if you stop doing stuff, we don't even get a chance to love it or hate it. And we'll all **gasp!** move on to different fandoms.

I just wish that the things that are being proposed and put out there would go all the way for once. SOMEBODY has to make an effort. Because there is nothing left anymore. No tv specials, no anything.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Move on?! NEVARRR!! The 80's were cool for a reason, man. :cool:

And a Muppets 53rd anniversary celebration would be so Muppety. Multiples of five get way too much attention these days.

MWoO

Reaction score
But it won't happen. Everything Disney announced got canned. They aren't doing anything. There won't be any anniversary special. I wouldn't be surprised if the next muppet project was another kids show.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey, when everything looks bleak, that's when you start hoping for miracles. :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
No...that's called being delusional.

P

Philip Kippel

Giar Fraggle said:
Hey, when everything looks bleak, that's when you start hoping for miracles. :smile:
Exactly. Enough with the finger-pointing already.

Besides, we all know darn well that we all hated Eisner and wanted him to be booted out of the Disney company.

Iger's been doing an overall good job in trying to get Disney back on track, so please don't falsely accuse him of causing the current lack of Muppet stuff. The company has lots of other priorities too--eventually, they WILL get around to getting new stuff accomplished with the Muppets. Just give it time please, people.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
why doesn't disney just sell the muppets to some one who really wants them if they don't.
Shame Eisner doesn't have the money to own them more than likely.
I won't even go as far to say the fans should have them...I mean there are some pretty sick and twisted fans out there lol.