Anything Puppet Building Question

Reaction score
This may sound like a ridiculous question, but I'll ask it anyway. I'm planning to construct a few interchangeable puppets like the anything muppets or whatnots. Does anyone know what is a good thing to use that will attach to the nose, eyes, etc. to the fleece temporarily.

Also, is polar fleece better than anti pill fleece?

jcnegron

Reaction score
I have used velcro (the "male" side) glued to the detachable parts. But you need a very "hairy" fabric to be able to attach the parts. I used felt and it worked well. Polar fleece didn't work very well for the velcro. Maybe the "industrial strenght" velcro I saw at office depot could. Take a piece of velcro an try on different fabrics.

I have never used anti pill fleece.
Cheers,

jcnegron

Reaction score
I forgot! another option is to glue strong magnets on your detachable parts and put metal pieces in varios areas of your puppet where the parts are going to be attached.

Hope this help!

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. That definatley helps. Some good ideas. I have tried Velcro and it didn't work that well. I like the magnet idea. I'm thinking of attaching the Velcro to the parts and fabric in a similar idea to the magnets.

propologist

Reaction score
Hi,
The hook part of velcro will attach to Antron fleece.