Appearances by food

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In the christmas sketch that the muppets did on saturday night live, in the episode with candace bergan, there was a scene where queen peuta asked ploobis if there was plenty of food, and they lifted up a tray lid, revealing a weird-looking creature who said that he was food.

This character then appeared in the muppet show episode with andy williams, playing a trumpet in the opening number.

according to his description at kermitage.com, he also appeared in some episodes of fraggle rock. does anybody know which episodes he appeared in?

It is kind of ironic that he is the only muppet created for appearances on saturday night live who was used in other productions, and the only character who appeared on the muppet show who also appeared on fraggle rock. Does anybody know if this character is owned by henson or disney? I hope that there are no copyright problems preventing his scenes from being shown in whichever productions are not owned by whoever owns him. after all, if hit doesn't want to meet with disney to keep in an appearance by kermit in emmitt otters jug-band christmas, then would hit (or disney) think it would be worth including a minr character, who most people probably wouldn't know about anyway, in the other production?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Most likely the character is minor enough or obscure enough to be looked over. I mean, Kermit is a different story altogether, because he's a figurehead, and THE most recognised muppet around the world, so I could understad the issue with Emmit Otter. But I don't think any of the companies would care enough about this guy to have issues.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
appearances

So, does anybody know what episodes of Fraggle Rock Food appeared in?

luvtosr

Reaction score
Appearance

I'm pretty sure that this is your guy Screenshot

If so then he's in 'You Can't Do That Without A Hat' for a few brief moments when Red and Wembley go up the tunnel to Outer Space in search of Boober's hat. He growls at them a bit. I don't know if he is in any others.

BTW I'm storing up a load of screenshots of Fraggle Rock in that Photobucket album. The album is open to everyone, feel free to browse it and use the pics and if anyone has any they can add then the password is fraggle.

luvtosr

Reaction score
If that was your guy then here he is again in 'Let the Water Run'. It was a brief appearance in a panning shot.

If I've got the wrong thing then let me know, I'll see what else I can find.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
that's him!

I never noticed that he was in Let The Water Run. thanks for the info.
:cool:

luvtosr

Reaction score
No problem, if I see him again I'll let you know.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
does anybody think it is weird that they reused the food puppet for fraggle Rock, but all other puppets on the show were newly built? were there any other characters on fraggle rock who were already in existence prior to fraggle rock?

with all of the new puppets on that show, i wonder why they decided to use one already-built puppet? :confused: