Applying Antron fleese to foam hmmm

HandySam

Reaction score
well i got my materials together and sat down to put the fabric on my newest attempt at a high quality puppet. Problem! i havent a clue how to put this stuff on. do i glue it? wouldnt that leak through the material? i cant put anything on this till i know what im doing here. i worked too hard to make the foam right. :concern: what to do, what to do. anyone spare a tip or 2? maybe 3 or 4? maybe its just pulled over like a glove. :eek: ok im in a bind.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
hot glue or Super 77 spray; others might advise contact cement. Either way with the spray adhesive or cement, use it in a well ventilated area.

buckshot

Reaction score
HandySam said:
maybe its just pulled over like a glove.
if you used a pattern to cut out the foam, then you can use the same pattern to cut out the cloth (just make it bigger). then sew the sides together, flip it inside out, and pull it over the foam...you said it, like a glove. there are some pictoral descriptions of this on the web, but i can't remember any of the links right off. good luck!

DPuppets

Reaction score
I would not glue it to the foam unless it has alot of old age grooves. I would as buck said but you can take to another step to even better that. If you use the patteren you could cause yourself even more darts that are not needed. Antron has a one way stretch. I would take the head with completed mouth plate. Hold it as looking at a side profile. Lay your fleece on there with stretch from front to back. Take pins and start trying to cover the half side of the head with as little darts as possible. Most heads that are round or oval type shape you will get by with only one dart. Where the mouth is just leave bout 1/2 inch when you cut that. You will see the fleece stretch and really give you a skin smooth look. After you do half take off and just use that as a patteren for the other side. Then make sleeve and so on.
Darren
www.dpuppets.com

HandySam

Reaction score
Tanks everyone! That was loads of help. Big D u got a rad web site! Anyway no i dont have a pattern because this was my own creation. just an idea i wanted to see come to life. muAH HA HA ha! :crazy: although i dont know how i get the material to fit into tucks and crevices like cheeks and the nose and eye sockets. should i spray super 77 in these places only then? does that work on scott foam?