April Fools: Exciting Unannounced Target Exclusives!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This morning I went to Target and found two exclusive Sesame Street DVDs that hadn't even been announced (seems most Target exclusives don't get announced before the releases), and if you've been skeptical about Warner Home Video releasing DVDs of classic material... Well, your worries are over (for now, at least)!

Both releases contain only inserts (in addition to an opening on-screen title read by Elmo and a closing credits sequence).

The first release I found was "American I & Other Sesame Spoofs!" It features:
  • American I
  • Monsterpiece Theater: ABCD Blue
  • Miami Mice (with Ernie)
  • Squeal of Fortune
  • Super K Cereal
  • Kermit News: Six Dollar Man
  • A’s Anatomy
  • The Triangle is Right
  • Desperate Houseplants
  • Scramalot
  • Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition
  • Meal or No Meal
Bonus:
Unaired “John and Kate Plus Eight” parody

The other one was "The Magic Apple and Other Stories", and it includes:
  • The Magic Apple
  • Kermit News: The New Three Little Pigs Story
  • Monsterpiece Theater: Little Red Riding Cookie
  • The King’s Nose
  • The City Mouse and the Country Mouse Chapter 1: The Country
  • Kermit News: Cinderella
  • The City Mouse and the Country Mouse Chapter 2: The City
  • The Boy Who Cried Monster
  • Bert’s Fairy Tales: Sleeping Beauty
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The Old Man and the C
  • Kingdom of O
  • Kermit News: Alice in Wonderland
Bonus:
The Boy, the Girl, and the Jellybeans (all three parts presented together, but a page-turning transition is used at the end of parts 1 and 2)
The Cursed Prince

Oh, yeah, and I've got to say APRIL FOOLS! I promise, this is the last april fools thread I plan on starting today, though I think I'll talk about the other april fools ideas I had later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One idea I had was to announce that I heard there'd be single-disc releases of more recurring sketches, besides Elmo's World, but the official announcement that a Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD is coming out next week out an end to that.

But my ideas were to announce:
  • A "Murray Has a Little Lamb" DVD... I think I was going to say that it would only contain five sketches, and some bonus skits about school.
  • A Super Grover DVD, I think I was going to title it "Super Grover's Great Adventures", and say it would contain 14 segments, including "Telephone Booth", "Bus Stop", "Computer", and "Super Grover & Super Annette", as well as five bonus "Grover's Restaurant" sketches and four bonus superheroes (Teeny Little Superguy, Alphaboy, Super Morphin Mega Monsters, and Batman).
  • A Global Grover DVD, "Africa & Other Places", which I would have said would include six Global Grover segments plus three "Spanish Word of the Day" segments with Grover and two "Global Thingy" segments.
  • A Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures DVD, I forget how many segments I was going to say would be included, but I was going to say it would include as a bonus all of the CGI Twiddlebugs segments.
  • Two Abby's Flying Fairy School DVDs, with four segments each (I have a feeling we'll get these kinds of releases eventually).
  • A Monsterpeice Theater DVD, "Upstairs, Downstairs & Other Great Monsterpieces". I would have listed ten segments... Probably Upstairs, Downstairs, Inside/Outside Story, Lethal Weapon 3, Gone with the Wind, Guys and Dolls, Hamlet, Much Ado About Nothin, The 400 Blows, 12 Angry Men, and The 39 Stairs. Plus bonus segments: Four parodies - Miami Mice (I wouldn't have said which one), American Monster Classics: A Streetcar Named Monster, What's My Letter? and Pre-School Musical, as well as five Sesame Street News sketches: Cinderella (at the ball), Don Music: How to Get to Yellowstone Park, Dr. Nobel Price: Talking Stick, Elmo's Reporter Game, and Old MacDonald (health farm).

Man, I hope spies... err, people at Sesame Workshop come across this and make these come true (especially the Monsterpiece Theater idea).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another april fools prank thread that I'd thought of was to say that I heard that there'd be a two-disc "Sesame Street 1970s (Plus 1969) Collection". Disc 1 would cover seasons 1-5, disc 2 6-10, and the contents would include four complete episodes (two per disc, randomly-chosen seasons), plus bonus street stories and bonus inserts.

And Another one that I'd long-forgotten about until now was a two-disc DVD of Sesame Street Unpaved, featuring the 1999 televison special, three additional episodes (including episode 1839 and two others... Can't remember if I'd thought of any specifics), and 14 bonus segments.