1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

April Fools: New Muppet album coming fall 2013!

Discussion in 'Games' started by minor muppetz, Apr 1, 2013.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

A few months ago I was interviewed for the booklet for an upcoming project, and I've been told a few other fans were as well, but Disney just now sent me an e-mail confirming what it was for and not only gave me the okay to tell you all online, but also a full press release on what it is. It'll be a miracle if other fans who were interviewed don't beat me to it.

APRIL FOOLS!

2. minor muppetz

I had this idea for an april fools joke around the time that "The Muppets" came out, but didn't do it last year.

There's a few things I wanted to put in this, but didn't. I wanted to list a few songs that weren't listed, including Raggmopp, Any Old Iron, The Varsity Drag, and the Pigs in Space segment that appeared on The Muppet Show 2 album. I also wanted to list a few songs from The Muppet Show on Tour, The Muppet Show on Tour 2, Here Comes the Muppets, and Days of Swine and Roses.

Just a few days ago I suddenly had a desire to say that all four discs would be dual-discs, with the DVD sides having video content, including most of the songs as they were broadcast, deleted scenes from the various productions (including the pilot versions of the first two TMS episodes), and the pre-show for Here Comes the Muppets. But chose not to do this.

As I was writing this, I thought about saying that the release would also be available in vinyl, but then decided not to.

The idea of the booklet including interviews/quotes by online fans was a last-minute idea (and provided some credibility).

GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

*chuckles* "Too Good to be True" indeed. good one. I love how the board software censored "Tit Willow".

GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. minor muppetz

I had no idea that would be censored, but I guess I've never seen that song title written in the forum. How'd you get it uncensored?

Dang it, with the "Too Good to be True" subtitle, I should have included "You're Just Too Good to be True" with Ruth Buzzi and Sweetums as one of the songs. I did think about listing that as a title for one of "The Muppets... Again " songs. In fact, as I was going to list some songs from the upcoming movie, I thought of quite a few things. I thought about listing a song with Pepe and some other characters, and thought about listing "The Name Game" with Mahna Mahna and a new character with a hard-to-say/hard-to-rhyme name.

GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Look closely at the typeface. ;)
    In a Tiny Toons Adventure they sang The Name Game with many of the characters. In the secret message in the closing credits they mentioned that Plucky was left out. Gee, I wonder why?

GopherCoffee and minor muppetz like this.
  6. minor muppetz

Another thing I debated about was what version of the theme song to say would be included. I had also considered the Connie Stevens pilot version as well as the fan club 45 version.

GopherCoffee likes this.