April Fools - Stop Them Or Else

Luke

Reaction score
Polite Request :-

Can people PLEASE stop posting April Fools, Belated April Fools and any other stuff like that now the event has passed - ESPECIALLY the ones spoofing Muppet news stories that could come up and be believable.

While it was (slightly) fun (for a while) on the actual day (which for those who still don't seem to have got it is April 1st and NOT 2nd) when you use actual potential Muppety news stories you should realise that it hangs around on the forum for months and not everybody will be reading this stuff, even in April, and might not associate it then with April Fools Day, and even now i expect some people have got a bit confused by these pranks.

Ideally it'd be cool if these thread titles could now have 'April Fool' added to the front or something so we know.

Anyway it WAS fun, now it's annoying. Don't make me have to spank you people !

:attitude:

radionate

Reaction score
I'd suggest even deleting or closing the threads. :big_grin:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Polite Request :-

Anyway it WAS fun, now it's annoying.
Amen brother.

Might I add that if someone comes up with a terrific-just-have-to-do-it-April's Fools Day idea, instead of doing it *now*, they should write it down for the next one... you know, 2004...

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I love it when Luke gets an attitude. :smile: No fooling! The only problem is, as already mentioned, we have no idea what to believe anymore. Like whether Luke's foolin' or not (not that that is really anything new). But see what happens when you all go gangbusters with the wolf crying / April fooling?

:attitude: :confused: :eek:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I'm with Luke on this one. Yesterday I kind of enjoyed it, but I've been burned by two "news stories" today on issues that are of top importance to people here--the kind of announcements that can make you jump for joy or make your stomach bottom out.

Let's have the word "Humor" added to them now, 'cause the joke's over. And (as Luke said) these threads will be on the forum for months, confusing and angering people.

matleo

Reaction score
hear hear!

Fully agreed! could some one please, either lock thse threads or chaneg the titles to include the words "April Fools" to them. Speccifically the threads involving 'Disney Buys Muppets" and "Muppetfest to be held in NYC" should be dealt with so as not to cause any damage. These are 'hot' issues for a lot of us. thank you.

--Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree too. It's not like I've fallen for them. I expected it. Because of my duties here, I always know the date. However, I can see how it is annoying. :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I see someone has deleted my neat little April fool, and I have changed my avator back so NO NEED TO PANIC!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I agree too. It's not like I've fallen for them. I expected it. Because of my duties here, I always know the date. However, I can see how it is annoying. :sympathy:
*edit* I just saw that they were labled as April Fools so never mind what I had originally posted here