1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Are any Muppet Puppeteers members here?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Jonathan, Jun 16, 2003.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

that was too good....
  2. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Guys,

Muffin Alert! Start a new topic, ok?
  3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I think it was just that....I got it out of my system!

back on topic, though

I would just hate to see an Henson employee scared off.....I think I would just sort of be like Hi! then go along my normal route....if I have a full conversation with them, I do, if I don't, I don't! that's that!

I really hope no one get's scared off!
  4. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

I supported the Mouse, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to tell the joke. Ha, Mousetraps...
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

That is a good idea. We chould start doing that, when a thread gets muffined!!!
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I have an idea:

Should we ever be allowed to visit with Muppet Performers here at MC, we could have a certain thread dedicated to that particular performer: ie, "Meet and Greet So-and-so!" That would be the thread where the topic could be a chance for us to go all fanatical but by due respect allow them the chance to post as friends and fans of their own co-workers in the rest of the forum!
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That sounds like a good idea. Now, getting the performers to go along with it...

spoil sport :)
  8. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Fozzie Bear you are on the right track with that idea.
    But the problem would be, as super scooter also poits out, are to get the performers on it.
    But we don't get anywhere by just talking about it, so Philip or another moderator should try to contact JHC and hear if that could be possible.
    If a performer agree to be to it, then we could see if people here can behave NORMAL, (yes I know that would be a challenge to many on the board :) ) when theres one of our heroes on the board.
    If the performers are a little to nervous to do it, then it would be great if another employee from JHC could do it (puppet builder, writer or so on)
    So the performers could see what happends and if it goes well then maybe they would join in at a later time.
    And then if it get out of hand the thread can be closed with a note about what went wrong. And then just realise that it's not meant to be that performers can be on the board.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Oh, but I would freak out and go all fanboy. I just know it but...well, I was pretty good at MuppetFest meeting them all!!

I think we might do good actually. It'd be a barrage of questions, I'm sure, at first; but, like when Karen Prell posts here we don't go all fruity on her.
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yes, the majority of people on here have been good and behaved themselves when she comes on for a discussion. That is nice to talk to her. I ALMOST went giddy when she replied to my post. But, that didn't show up in my follow-up post. I think most people on here would be good at holding in their numerous amounts of questions, etc. Maybe knowing they would be eventually answered.
  11. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

when i posted about a thread that karen posted about her husband signing autographs, i just said that it was cool she shared that info with us. i treated her like i treat anyone else on here. if a performer like jerry nelson came on board and announced himself, i would just say you're great, hope you're doing good, etc. i wouldn't lash out with hundreds of questions. they're regular people and that''s what i put into knowledge.....

ryan
  12. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

In fact, we could all only be allowed ONE questian, that way we'd choose the right ones, the important ones and we would then only be able to look on while they answer.

What one forum did when a famous Author came on the board was they opened the thread about 2 hours beforehand and people then could ask one questian then I think they closed the thread for everyone but the author, who answered the questians.

Maybe that would work...
  13. Fozzie Bear

Yeah, but then they'd get snowed-under by all of us in other threads.

I think: keep a single thread per performer open, just like the Ask Ken From Palisades thread, for us to go in and ask questions and go all fanatical so they won't be bothered by us in other threads and can post as a fan/friend of their work!
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

this would be a good place for a chat we could have a meet and greet sort of thing...then if you badger them after that....you get a warning....something like this might need more watch than what the mods can possibly do...maybe a couple people who e-mailed out warnings, and if it got bad enough to take action, contact Phil
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

There are a few Star Trek sites that do chats with the actors (you can find some on Star Trek.com) and those seem to work out rather well. Maybe something like this could be a possibility?
  16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

17. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well on www.weirdalforum.com we had Weird Al's drummer, Bermuda. He is a member of the forum, and is an Administrator. It works out pretty well.
  18. Gerard

Gerard New Member

I just emailed this forum to the Henson Company Fan Mail, they might take notice...
  19. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Well they actually already know about it
  20. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

isn't it kinda spooky that they might know everything we post? *would be embarrassed*