Are SST Muppets still credited as "Muppets"?

CherryPizza

Reaction score
SS is not currently screening in Australia, so I don't get the chance to check the current credits.

With 'Muppets' being owned by Disney, and Sesame Street characters being made by Henson and owned by Sesame Workshop, are the characters still called Muppets in the SS credits? Or has the issue with the three separate companies meant that SW can't legally call the characters 'Muppets' anymore?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
As of last season at least, and on Sesame's website, they are still credited as the Muppets, just no longer "Jim Henson's" Muppets.

A while back, I raised the question about Jim's name being taken off the credits completely with no satisfactory answer. "Muppets" still cover at least the classic Muppets, and SS, but I'm not sure if the term extends further. Are Fraggles technically termed "Muppets"?

I know as fans, "Muppets" can include practically everything under the Henson universe, even though characters like Jen from Dark Crystal, or Hoggle from Labyrinth aren't actually Muppets, I've read some good arguments that characters like Sir Didymus and Fizzgig would make the list of Muppets.