1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Sep 22, 2011.

1. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

How many of those Buddies spin-offs have they cranked out so far? And why do they keep cranking them out? Do you even know anybody who even remotely likes or enjoys those Buddies?

I mean the original Air Bud may or may not have benefitted from it's original sequel where he played soccer instead of basketball (I didn't care for it, but I've seen worse sequels), but really, isn't this beyond overkill?
  2. rowlfy662 Active Member

indeed in the uk we have a channel for disnet films and one of them always seems to be on everyday i mean air buddies space buddies santa buddies this year spooky buddies everytime you think there gone they return and next year there getting treasure buddies has nobody told disney enough is enough
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The answer is hidden deep within the bowels of Disney's Recess, episode "The A.V. Kid."

Kindergarteners love talking dogs for whatever reason.

How come live action talking dogs suck? I mean, animation gave us:

[IMG]
    and

[IMG]
    and even

[IMG]

But all live action talking dogs with super imposed mouths get us is garbage films that are exactly the same. All poo and butt sniff jokes. Nothing original or clever, and I fail to see why even kindergarteners love this junk.

Air Buddies is a clever way around Disney's no animated cheapquels clause. Live action cheapquels are okay... mainly because the fi;ms were cheap pieces of garbage themselves anyway.
  4. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------------
    Just had to chime in: when I realized exactly what the thread title referred to I started snickering uncontrollably in a library quiet zone.

Mean, my friend. Mean. But froggin' funny.
    -------------------
  5. beatnikchick300 Active Member

As an animal rights activist, I must say the title of this thread is in bad taste. As a film goer and consumer, I must say that these cheapquels are lame, uninspired, and have little to nothing to do with the original film.
  6. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

arnt these a spin off of Air Bud anyways......my theory is this is the new Land Before time Series they will continute as long as someone can make a dollar
  7. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I never liked Air Bud and have no clue where the "air buddies" even started from
  8. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Disney's need to make money, DUH!

Yeah, Air Bud was pretty much the dumbest idea for a movie or one of them anyway... then they had to take the dog and make him play every sport... and once that got old, they slowly added in talking annoying puppies (one of them ALWAYS has to talk like what a 50 year old white guy thinks a black guy talks like) and just marketed the crap out of them.

The film franchise DOES need to be put to sleep... why, it's rabidly bad.
  9. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So... I guess I'm the only one who liked the original movie then?

I mean sure it wasn't the BEST movie in the world, but I thought it was pretty nice and heartwarming... of course then again, I WAS like eight-years-old when I saw it, so... I don't know.
  10. mr3urious Well-Known Member

I, too, have a nostalgic fondness for the original. :)

But yeah, those puppies need to be euthanized. Figuratively, of course.
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just have a thing against some dog movies. I mean, I actually quite like Homeward Bound 1, and I remember it fondly. Something about internal monologue Garfield style works better IMO, not Mr. Ed like...

But Air Bud was NOT a talking Dog movie. Far from it. While I still find it kinda dumb, it actually had some sort of vauge heartfelt story to the nasty clown that owned the dog and the boy trying to give it a new home. It didn't need the "OOH! He can play basketball" angle. Of course, very quickly it turned into the "the dog that plays other sports" franchise, and somewhere they had some movie where he had talking puppies and that spun off the generic talking dog movie franchise it's become.
  12. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I liked the original Homeward Bound movie as well... the sequel for that one not so much, it was like one of those sequels where the original was a serious story, so they make the sequel more of a comedy, like they did with American Tail (both were good, but sometimes making a funny sequel off a serious movie doesn't always work).
  13. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ah howard bound good memories with my little sis....and Joe i know how you feel( even though ive never seen air bud) i have movies from my childhood i love that i rewatch now and double take at its ridiculousness
  14. bazooka_beak Active Member

I think the people that buy the Buddies movies are the same people that keep buying those Kidz Bop CDs!
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Kids Bop CD's confuse me. On one hand, soccer moms probably love the overly censored versions of the pop songs kids love... but on the other hand, why do you need kids covering "I Whip my Hair back and Forth" if a kid sings the darn thing in the first place.
  16. Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ive wondered the same thing...what is it about kids covering the songs that suddenly makes them ok
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Censoring lyrics is one way.

I've noticed a LOT of Chipmunks songs got censored.

Yet, for some strange reason, Time Warp was word for word. "Right kind of Sinner" in Heartbreaker is apparently too controversial, but "In another Dimension with Voyeuristic intentions" is okay for some reason... eh...

Man, some indie news paper gave a nice little slam to Kid's Bop, and I wish I kept that article. It said something about the cover of "Whip my Hair back and forth" that even I couldn't put as eloquently.
  18. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. Shadow from Homeward Bound, and Fly from Babe good! Other ones....not as good.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

And now we got Treasure Buddies, which looks like a combination of Aladdin, the Duck Tales movie, and Ernest in the Army...
  20. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member