Are these PVCs?

King Prawn

Reaction score
cool

:cool:

I've been waiting to see these, thanks for finding this. These are the small figurines Travis was telling us about over at the Gonzo Replica Thread. I like these, some tweaks are needed, such as Floyds head whilch looks really small and Dr. Teeth looks a little to green, Animals hair doesn't look wild enough, he looks cartoonish and Janice & Zoot are perfect, I especially like Zoot.

I'm glad :sing: wasn't left out this time and as has been the case with all three Muppet Replicas, the photos don't do the product justice, so I'm really happy with these, and if these are indeed just prototypes then you can be sure the final product will end up being great since these look pretty good as they are now.

The more I look at Floyd I wonder if it's just the way his head is positioned that makes it look smaller.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Hmmmm...

I'm gonna sound like a broken record BUT I'm not loving these. They are waaaaay too cartoony and have been done much better in the past ("cough" Palisades). I know these aren't figures as such but with regards to likeness they fall way short of the Palisades line.

I'm becoming slightly disappointed with Master Replicas (sorry Travis:sympathy: ), the bar has been set so high before, they really needed to pull something special out of the bag with these (I'm still holding a grudge over the Gonzo replica:grouchy: ) and sadly I feel they have missed the mark. They kinda remind me of the figures Disney put out last year.

I guess (again) it may be just me. I don't know what the brief was and what they were aiming for. I'm just speaking as a consumer and muppet fan - these aren't for me.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I really think these where not meant to look dead on like everyone is thinking. I think they where meant to be "house trinkets".

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think these are made out of polystone instead of plastic. That being said, I have all the photo Muppet posers so far, I have all the Sideshow Muppet busts and I have every figure Palisades made in the Muppet variety. In their present form I just don't see the draw of these items. :embarrassed:

Muppet moments or scenes could be more interesting. Kermit on a bike, Muppet monsters like Sweetums holding Robin, reporter Gonzo with a camera or an assortment of Muppet rats doing any number of things are all great ideas that haven't been done or done well yet. Even the Mayhem members doing something other than jammin' would be more interesting than seeing these familiar poses again. We fans have been spoiled in recent years. :shifty:

Nonetheless, these are prototypes. I am sure Travis is anxious to talk about them and I'm interested in hearing about them and the future potential of these Muppet moments! :flirt:

Luke

Reaction score
I think these are made out of polystone instead of plastic.
Exactly. So for that reason i would guess this must be the final sculpt right? They're not like action figures assembled in small parts so to change anything other than paint they'd have to resculpt the lot. Or is it possible for them to change? I would have thought they are final dimensions.

I don't like them much (Zoot and Janice are good though) but i guess they went the cartoony way because of Palisades, but it doesn't suit the characters. I agree they oughta have been like McFarlane Simpsons - poses from the movies. Either that or done Muppet Babies instead, to get aound the Palisades issue.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. So for that reason i would guess this must be the final sculpt right? They're not like action figures assembled in small parts so to change anything other than paint they'd have to resculpt the lot. Or is it possible for them to change? I would have thought they are final dimensions.

I don't like them much (Zoot and Janice are good though) but i guess they went the cartoony way because of Palisades, but it doesn't suit the characters. I agree they oughta have been like McFarlane Simpsons - poses from the movies. Either that or done Muppet Babies instead, to get aound the Palisades issue.
Sideshow changed their polystone Miss Piggy bust sculpt a few times, eventually letting her hair down, so I think these can be altered. I just won't be getting them in this current state. It's hard enough saving for Fozzie Bear. I hope these statues aren't a missed opportunity. It just doesn't seem to have hit the right chord...get it...music reference. Wocka Wocka! :embarrassed: I'll hide now.

Even if I could easily afford these, as they appear right now I would pass. :frown:

Luke

Reaction score
Even if I could easily afford these, as they appear right now I would pass. :frown:
I think i would as well - the cartoony look just doesn't suit them in Polystone. Even if it would have looked similar to Palisades, i think the classic look would still probably sell better for them than this ever will.

More and more i think about it - this is a big missed opportunity not to have done Muppet Babies in the same scale as Palisades. I applaud Master Replicas for getting into Muppets but it is a difficult situation for them what with Palisades having just finished and the replica releases, the bar has really been raised and the company are missing the mark a bit.

MarcusPiper

Reaction score
Hi,
First time poster, looooooongtime lurker. These are certainly interesting. If they are 3" to 4" PVC's then I guess they're fine. If they are statues or "big figures" like Disney did, I'm afraid I'll have to pass. My fear is that like so much other poorly designed merchandise, people will pass on these, and "the powers that be" will say:"See, people just don't like the Muppets" while the true answer is, people don't care for poorly produced merchandise.
Just my opinion,
Marcus