arm rod technique

faze

Reaction score
i just got an goblin muppet, and it has arm rods, and would like some tips on how to operate the arm rod properly,

like should the both arm rods be like an joined together lookining like an X

puppetise

Reaction score
hmm we all have different techniques i personaly have them crossed and i can manipulate them nively like that

Lab Rat

Reaction score
all my puppets with arm rods have seperate rods on each hand so i can drop one at will it takes a bit of practice to make them look natural and independent of each other.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's also worth noting that a lot of the time you'll have multiple puppeteers on one puppet if something complex is needed. I'm producing something right now with just one puppet, but sometimes there has to be as many as three people performing to get the puppet to do what he has to.

SJohnson

Reaction score
Puppet Arm Rods

faze said:
should the both arm rods be like an joined together lookining like an X
I would advice against joining the rods together. This will severely limit your manipulation possibilities. I think that learning to use arm rods effectively is sort of like learning to use chopsticks - it's challenging at first but once you get it, it becomes automatic. Good luck:big_grin:

seanomalley

Reaction score
I agree with sjohnson on this one, except for the fact that when doing certain things like reaching out for a hug or putting the puppts hands on its hips, those are the only times I use both rods at once.

-hope this helps:smile: