Arms~Length--WOW!!!

puppetowner

Reaction score
Hey guys!!!

Look at what I found. Arms~Length Looks like it is back in business ready for sales. I checked their website the other day and it was nothing and now it is this big website with lots of product. Check it out. I am so excited. I love Arms Length Puppets they fit your hand amazing and are very comfortable. I would reccomend them to everyone. Check it--->
http://www.armslength.com/

renegade

Reaction score
You would'nt happen to be the new owner of amslength would ya!
where did I get that from ??? Oh Maybe your name and the wierd writing of your post ... It almost made me what to flip channels.. oh wait were on the web.

Hey It's ok to introduce yourself to us and tell us that you just bought arms lenght !
I've been dying to get my hand on one of your pattern kits and one of your puppets !
but let's keep it real and be super cool to each other! were all friends here.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
wonder if he releaised that you nee to have more than 2 posts in order to put up a Link

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know it's interesting. There are so many more resources available today then when Jim Henson first started in this profession. A lot of the reason for this is because of him and people like him. And he did it had talent, drive, determination, a dream, and creativity.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Does anyone know if David P. did indeed sell the business to a new person?

pjpiperhop

Reaction score
Good question Buck.
On its website, the company (Arms Length Productions) describes itself as:
“Arms Length Productions is a company that manufactures puppets designed by David Pannabecker and makes them available to the marketplace for use in live performance. . .”
It also goes on to say that David is the president and chief designer of the company.
From that I would gather that David has some interest in the company, but is not the one producing the puppets he has designed.

puppetowner

Reaction score
Arms~Length

No, I don't own Arms~Length. I just really love their puppets. I am just a freshman in college in the theatre part and these puppets really work good for shows.

I did talk with Arms~Length and David has not sold it. The other partners are just now manufacturing his designs.

intozlight

Reaction score
I have just recently purchased thier "A" pattern and kit along with Dave's video (vhs unfortunately). The pattern is Top-notch for creating your own characters and building a truly professional puppet. They are pricey though but you get what you pay for.
One draw back is that you may not sell any puppets you create based on the pattern. Still I would highly recommend them.
I will post pictures of "Rasta Man" when he is finished (soon.)
PS - does anyone know how to tie-dye?

SesameKermie

Reaction score
http://www.pburch.net/dyeing/howtotiedye.shtml

This link should help. Basically you fold the piece you're dying and then wrap and/or tie something around it. The dye won't reach through the places you wrapped and tied. Then you can use all one color or using eye droppers, sponge brushes or other applicators you can mix colors. It's really pretty easy. My mother did it once as a project with her brownie troop.

Hope I helped!

Jason