Arthur Finally Gets a Season Set on DVD!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But oddly enough, they're NOT starting with Season One on DVD!

For some strange reason, the first season set being released of Arthur is Season Eight, which premiered the summer of 2006 (most sources, including TVShowsonDVD.com claim this is Season Ten, but this is really Season Eight).

I'm happy they're finally releasing season sets of Arthur on DVD... but why start with such a recent season? Why not start with Season One?

SSLFan

Reaction score
But oddly enough, they're NOT starting with Season One on DVD!

For some strange reason, the first season set being released of Arthur is Season Eight, which premiered the summer of 2006 (most sources, including TVShowsonDVD.com claim this is Season Ten, but this is really Season Eight).

I'm happy they're finally releasing season sets of Arthur on DVD... but why start with such a recent season? Why not start with Season One?
Of all seasons, season eight(10, whatever...)! That was the LEAST interesting Arthur season in my opinion.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It is unusual Snowth. But I hope for your sake they continue to release the seasons in whatever order they are done in since you really like this "Arthur" show so much.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think I've read that the seventh season of The Red Green Show was released as a season set (titled The Red Green Show: 1997-1998 season), while the earlier seasons weren't released as season sets. I wonder how many other shows have had season sets that start with any season other than the first.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Maybe they are going backwards? Or better yet releasing the recent episodes to see how well they sell. It could simply be a test product. Well i'm not close to even buying it anyway so whatever. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess they're just testing the waters. I find it pretty odd they don't start with season one (even in volumes, since season one had quite a few episodes-could be a reason why, BTW). But at least it's an improvement over paying 15 bucks for an episode and a half, like previous releases.

My guess is they feel that kids don't care about season sets, and would rather get single disk releases with only a few episodes. I call BS on that. Especially since, with Teen Titans and What's new Scooby Doo, the season sets were cheaper than single volumes in most cases, and sold better because of it.

I'm glad they also decided to put the new TMNT in season sets, dispite the fact they split the seasons into 2 voulmes (which, if the mass amount of episodes in season 1 of Arthur, you wonder why this couldn't be a solution, as I stated earlier).

When it comes to me, season sets, or disk set volumes are much more economical than 3 episodes per DVD. A season set (depending on the show) averages about 20-25 bucks (certain ones cost much, much more), where as single disks with 3-4 episodes average 10-15 bucks per disk. In the case of the previously stated Scooby Doo, Teen Titans (as well as Edd Ed and Eddy) the single volumes retailed for 15 bucks in some cases (but usually went for 10 bucks), where as the volume sets retailed for 16 bucks (but sold for 15 bucks or less in some occasions). Thus meaning for one season, in sepperate disks, you could pay 45 bucks for 3 disks, while waiting, you could get the same thing for under 20.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just saw this and it's great that they released one season, but it is weird that they did not released season one first.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw this and it's great that they released one season, but it is weird that they did not released season one first.
Having actually seen it in stores, it's almost no wonder why they only released that one.

Season 10 had about 10 episodes (I forgot how many, it's a really low number), and they charge almost 50 bucks. it works out to over 5 bucks an episode. Plus, the fact it comes with multiple teaching aides, it suggest that it was meant as an Arthur in the Class Room product for teachers to buy, not serious collectors.

And even if it were.... if it's 50 bucks for 10 episodes, I'd HATE to see the going rate for the 30 or so they had in season one.