Arthur Movie

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Oh come on!:rolleyes: Why does everything have to be CGI nowadays? I loved watching the show when we had tv, and I still enjoy watching dvds from the liberary. They should've stuck with the origonal animation.:stick_out_tongue: Sorry, I guess I'm just jumping to conclusions about it. But it seems whenever a CGI animation movie is made by a company that isn't big(Pixar for instance), the animation is usually stiff and cheap.:grouchy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know Arthur is a great show, so I guess my biggest thing is getting adjusted to how the characters look. But it it has a great story, I guess I could get over it.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hmm. Haven't watched that show in ages. I wish they hadn't CGI'd it.

Kids'll love it.

zeldazipple

Reaction score
I like Arthur too, and I wouldn't diss CGI though. Tridinial animation serves it's poupose, but I think CGI makes the charecter's more ' believeable ' than triditionial animation could ever do. I like the style the movie protrays. I think it would be worth a watch even if it's just one time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't realize it until recently... Arthur's been on 10 years! WOW!

As for the movie... I hate when companies have to make EVERYTHING CGI. Now, don't get me wrong. I love Pixar, and Reboot was cool. Some of Dreamwork's stuff is pretty good, but this stuff is cheap. I even like Jimmy Neutron better when he's 2 dimentional in Timmy Turner's world (and I like Jimmy Neutron now).

I guess they wanted to make it different from the TV show. That's the only reason they would need it.